Creighton Post Game Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thoughts

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Jalen remembers how.

thats the run-of-the-mill, light touch 'please don't land hard on other guys foot' move. prolly just a bit sore on the exterior. it even had the famous 'instinct double toe tap' move at the end. diminishing force vectors an' all that. another example of why serious ballers should regularly skip rope as a training regimen.
sweeeeeeet dish by jalen. when he and james get back together again on the court, ...

Reaction Score
Jalen remembers how.

Good recollection Rich! That was a nice one. For a Bouknight-less team having difficulty scoring, I'm surprised DH isn't harping on this.

Reaction Score
i don’t see how anyone watched the game today and thought, damn the creighton coach is really disrespecting hurley

Reaction Score
this team is excelling in missing layups. I don't know how many chances they had, but there was one sequence where the ball was bouncing around and UCONN had 4 layup chances and missed them all. Creighton finally grabbed the ball and went down for a 2 pojnt score. that is just maddening!! I have never seen a team miss so many layups in a game as this team. Bouk is missed terribly because he makes Polley and Martin's game so much better. they both feed off of him.

Reaction Score
That’s really what Polley has been for his entire career at UConn. Great shooter, but doesn’t do anything else really well. To put it in perspective, he has 180 career rebounds. Christian Vital had 185 in his junior year and 195 in his senior year.
Totally agree. but considering the increase in need and usage for him in the last 6 games... he has had literally zero effect.

Upsetting, more than alarming I guess

Reaction Score
Where is our consistent senior leadership?? And BA.?? This is a young team without senior leadership..Time to "man" up.
This is college basketball 2021. It’s not 1987. Very rare to have “senior leadership “.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. but considering the increase in need and usage for him in the last 6 games... he has had literally zero effect.

Upsetting, more than alarming I guess
Polley single handedly won us 2 games at Marquette and at Butler.

Put some respect on a Big East Player of the Week’s name.

His 2 worst games came against the Johnnies and Creighton. We lost both games. Both games coincided with Cole having his 2 better games here.

Conclusion Cole is a losing player and teams are allowing him to score knowing it will lead to UCONN losing. When Polley plays well we always win. Teams know this.

PS: Ty Polley is the answer. Gaff is the answer at point.

Reaction Score
This is college basketball 2021. It’s not 1987. Very rare to have “senior leadership “.
This year's 2021 roster has seniors who have played for four years. Two of our best undergrads are injured. You would hope the seniors. By virtue of their PT and experience. Would be among your leaders.

As contrasted with a roster construction .Say of next year. Depending, of course, on whether the COVID eligibility flexibility keeps some of our seniors around for a fifth year.If any of them stay,I would think the expectation would be for them to continue to be among the leaders of the team.. If they elect not to stay and with the probable departure of Bouk.. It will be a young team with the exception of RJ and BA. More like college basketball in 2021

If they're not up to the challenge..Maybe it is Adama's team until a Bouk/AA return..

Last edited:
Reaction Score

His 2 worst games came against the Johnnies and Creighton. We lost both games. Both games coincided with Cole having his 2 better games here.

Conclusion Cole is a losing player and teams are allowing him to score knowing it will lead to UCONN losing. When Polley plays well we always win. Teams know this.

Just so you know, I refuse to block you because your comments are so bananas and ludicrous, life’s better with them in it.

polley and gaffney are the answers?

Polley is averaging 9/2/1 on 40% FG this season WITH 2 great shooting games scoring 20+

Gaffney has been hiding his tail between his legs on the court and moves like he’s in quick sand. I’ve seen less than 5 plays all season that makes me think he deserves meaningful minutes.

the box score is where the respect is deserved and earned.
Otherwise go tell that to the bouknight and the first team pre season all Big East team.

let’s ride Polley and Gaffney's backs next game, see how it goes lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Cole is a losing player? You're a losing poster and it never ends. Polley was awful, plain pitiful in his last 2 games and 43 some odd minutes with 2 rebounds and 7 points. I like the kid and when he is on like the other 2 games we do need him in the games but he wasn't close to hitting jump shots and couldn't guard a freaking chair, yet him not playing was the reason we lost? You're lost period one of the only reasons we were even in either of those games was RJ Cole on offense/defense (he's better than Gaff on both ends) and to say because we lost those games makes him a losing player just screams how stupid you are most often. And Gaffney, best 2 passes of his career finally did something but suddenly he's the better option. LOL

Reaction Score
Can we drop the RJ Cole is a great defender nonsense. He isn’t. He had a couple of good games early but now guys handle him. He is a decidedly average player at best. UConn has had great guards and great defenders in the past. He isn’t on the list for either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom