Creighton / PC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton / PC

Reaction Score
I guess I don't but it sure looks like it, especially if you can get from the 3 pt line to the rim without a dribble.

You're allowed a gather step and then the 1 and 2 step before you go up.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I guess I don't but it sure looks like it, especially if you can get from the 3 pt line to the rim without a dribble.

I've seen less egregious travels than this called.

Reaction Score
You're allowed a gather step and then the 1 and 2 step before you go up.
I sees that so I guess it depends on when he starts to gather. I see right left right left all inside the 3 point line but I guess you could exclude the first right step.

Reaction Score
I sees that so I guess it depends on when he starts to gather. I see right left right left all inside the 3 point line but I guess you could exclude the first right step.
It's tricky, a lot of things look like travels but really aren't now where you see the feet moving more than should be allowed the way a lot of us were taught how to play. You're given the gather and as long as you haven't picked up the ball with both hands you can still be moving before the two steps. This video explains it fairly well.

Reaction Score
Whats up with the announcers, they looked at the last play multiple times and repeatedly stated that there was no travel. Looked like a definite 3 steps to me.
I believe they both took two and half steps to the hoop which is allowed.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It's tricky, a lot of things look like travels but really aren't now where you see the feet moving more than should be allowed the way a lot of us were taught how to play. You're given the gather and as long as you haven't picked up the ball with both hands you can still be moving before the two steps. This video explains it fairly well.

Liked the video but think I am more confused after watching it!

Reaction Score
No reason for us not to be in the mix in this league this year. I actually like our chances a lot.

Next year could be a step back though. With us likely losing Bouk, Carlton and Whaley. Trending up.

Reaction Score
Great play at the end by Zegarowski to draw the defense then find that trailer in time. Creighton is a really good team they haven’t played their best basketball yet. I’m not sure providence is great but they’re better than their record.
Duke shot 5-19 and that probably won't happen too many times.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Both, neither were a travel.
If a player doesn't gain an advantage it won't be called either. In Bouk's case, unless he picked up his dribble and ran from half court, they're not calling a travel there since he was uncontested.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think a lot of us grew up watching and playing under the old rules. It seems the gather step was made more clear just in 2019. FIBA only allowed it from 2017 as far as I can tell. And the step rule was one step before 2008. NBA on traveling: Two steps are better than one

So yeah, gather plus two looks like traveling to me. Because for most of my life it was traveling.

Reaction Score
I was seriously upset that the tourney didn’t get played last year. I had Maryland and Seton Hall at 70-1 each. I love futures bets for college hoops. If you get on them early, the prices are high and usually way off in relation to who can actually win it. I hit Virginia the year they won it at 25-1 and UConn the Shabazz year at 75-1. Also hit Nova one year for 20-1.

This year I have Nova, Creighton, UConn, Iowa, and Illinois.

In my studies at Trinity in Hartford, I took a few classes that I have applied to sports betting - a math class, a stats class, and a research methods class. They offer an awesome course there that I intend to take one of these semesters. As a graduate you can pay a minimal fee to sit in on a class. They call it “auditing” a class. The one I’m interested in is called “Mathematics of Games and Gambling.”

Also, I took a class at Manchester CC once called “Understanding Risk and Probability.” It was skewed towards the insurance industry, but I took a lot away from it that is applicable to other fields - like gambling!
Oh that's nice. I hate taking classes just for theory, so it must be nice that you can practically apply what you learn. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom