Creighton first time ever into the elite eight! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton first time ever into the elite eight!

Reaction Score
Congrats, Creighton. That was a nice game. Just finished watching the replay. Great offensive flow. I just love watching teams that pass well, make good reads, and can knock down shots. I think one of the announcers said it best, this team (Creighton) may not be the most talented team out there. They just play very well together. That was very clear in this game. Congrats, Creighton.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Really poor defensive effort by Iowa State tonight; looked like they'd played six days in a row. Once again, way too much dribbling on the offensive end. They've got a handful of great shooters but they run no screens to get them shots. Creighton looked like the 3 seed confidence-wise. Congrats to the Blue Jays.
Credit to Creighton's defense particularly on Ashley Joens. Creighton's offense is challenging the defense. hope she goes high in the WNBA draft.

Reaction Score
Setting aside the question of opponent's defense, the way Creighton moved, picked, and passed is an image of what I was thinking when I posted a comment elsewhere here that UConn could play a 4-guard lineup to good effect against teams with limited rim defense - Indiana isn't that big, NCS has Cunane only. Creighton sidestepped the need for a post presence player by keeping the IState defense moving and guessing. They got a lot of un-/barely contested layups. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I tuned into the game at the start of the 2nd half...man that was some gorgeous ball movement by Creighton in the third. Their screening to get open 3s is phenomenal, and they did a great job baiting Iowa St defenders to close out and blowing right by them off the dribble. Granted, Iowa State's defense was awful but Creighton was brilliant. SC is a different animal to face than Iowa/Iowa State but looking forward to watching this group play again.
If Creighton can hit their three’s, they can cause trouble for Staley and her team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bad Ass award to Morgan Maly
Hey! That’s a UConn thing mister! I don’t want to have to talk about this again.
Angry Right Now GIF by Film Riot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom