Credit to the kids for not quitting. | The Boneyard

Credit to the kids for not quitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looked like they were going to humiliate us on national tv. The coaches got these kids heads back in the game at half time. Credit to them as well. JMac spotted them 14 points, before we got off the bus. The Griffin fumble was also a killer. We are just not good enough yet to overcome that type of bad football. The defense failed to force a punt until it was too late on the last drive, but they had to be gassed.

No moral victories, but I was glad to see the team play with heart in that second half. I think JMac went over 2k yards on the year today. Only Orlovsky 3x, and Lorenzen once has done that since we went FBS. We will be much improved next year.

Reaction Score
Agreed until last sentence need a bigtime qb asap

Reaction Score
Agreed until last sentence need a bigtime qb asap

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How do you really feel, ruskin? :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
JMac showed courage today. He's a winner in life.

Reaction Score
I can't fault JMac's effort or courage. Our o-line failed to pick up simple twist stunts by the d-tackles in game 12. On the first Cinci TD our RB didn't get his helmet across the rusher so he broke through to the inside and JMac couldn't get the ball away in time. A split second of better blocking and we punt instead of give up 6. There is no quit in JMac and with the start to that game he had every reason to. He's a tough kid.

Reaction Score
I never once believed the kids did not give it their all, and its clear as day they have the talent and heart to be competitive. They are fighters and that is a carry over legacy from HCRE's lunch pail mentality. What we witnessed was the slow ebbing and decline of a belief system founded on execution, mental toughness and power football. HCRE was boring, one dimemsional, etc.. But, in its place we now have a team with no cohesive character or personality, a more complicated playbook and associated poor execution and confusion.

This team was just fighting up hill with a lousy staff with no motivational leadership, the inability to coach up, and a lack of commtment to fundamental discipline. JMac gave what he had to offer and did perform well at times. The fact that he did not get better has as much to do with coaching as anything. JMac can throw a good ball when he is set. He generally can connect with accuracy when he finds his reciever. He falls apart when he has to make complicated reads or is throwing under pressure. There was plenty enough to work with JMac and PP and satff blew it. Sure, a great QB would take some heat off and the value of a great QB can not be understated. But, good coaches make a average player very good and create a team which performs at levels exceeding the sum of its parts. You had none of that this year.

Pres. Herbst, if you have any leadership and interest in seeing UConn football be a solod national program, then send PP and crew packing.

Reaction Score
I never once believed the kids did not give it their all, and its clear as day they have the talent and heart to be competitive. They are fighters and that is a carry over legacy from HCRE's lunch pail mentality. What we witnessed was the slow ebbing and decline of a belief system founded on execution, mental toughness and power football. HCRE was boring, one dimemsional, etc.. But, in its place we now have a team with no cohesive character or personality, a more complicated playbook and associated poor execution and confusion.

This team was just fighting up hill with a lousy staff with no motivational leadership, the inability to coach up, and a lack of commtment to fundamental discipline. JMac gave what he had to offer and did perform well at times. The fact that he did not get better has as much to do with coaching as anything. JMac can throw a good ball when he is set. He generally can connect with accuracy when he finds his reciever. He falls apart when he has to make complicated reads or is throwing under pressure. There was plenty enough to work with JMac and PP and satff blew it. Sure, a great QB would take some heat off and the value of a great QB can not be understated. But, good coaches make a average player very good and create a team which performs at levels exceeding the sum of its parts. You had none of that this year.

Pres. Herbst, if you have any leadership and interest in seeing UConn football be a solod national program, then send PP and crew packing.

Fire the coach after less than one year and none of his own recruits ?? - you are clueless. It is just amazing how fans know what it takes to coach and motivate players . I like JMac - he is a tough kid who competes and does not give up. Good coaches can make average players better but what JMac is lacking - foot speed and good football instincts are tough to teach - you have it or you don't.

Reaction Score
Fire the coach after less than one year and none of his own recruits ?? - you are clueless. It is just amazing how fans know what it takes to coach and motivate players . I like JMac - he is a tough kid who competes and does not give up. Good coaches can make average players better but what JMac is lacking - foot speed and good football instincts are tough to teach - you have it or you don't.

Stick to the halftime show. Some will see and still not believe. Others are just too dumb to even get it. The mistakes, lack of execution, poor game management etc. are legion. Great recruiting does not make a great coach or a great program. When PP had the pick of the crop in the East, he still couldn't put it all togther even with great talent. His ease into mediocrity tracks the expansion of other programs in the East which sucked away his pool. You cut your losses and dont double down on a washed up journeyman coach. Bold action and a big vision is required. Mark my words, PP will run this program into a rut you can't even begin to understand.

Reaction Score
It looked like they were going to humiliate us on national tv. The coaches got these kids heads back in the game at half time. Credit to them as well. JMac spotted them 14 points, before we got off the bus. The Griffin fumble was also a killer. We are just not good enough yet to overcome that type of bad football. The defense failed to force a punt until it was too late on the last drive, but they had to be gassed.

No moral victories, but I was glad to see the team play with heart in that second half. I think JMac went over 2k yards on the year today. Only Orlovsky 3x, and Lorenzen once has done that since we went FBS. We will be much improved next year.
I agree. the team fought hard and never gave up.

Reaction Score
Stick to the halftime show. Some will see and still not believe. Others are just too dumb to even get it. The mistakes, lack of execution, poor game management etc. are legion. Great recruiting does not make a great coach or a great program. When PP had the pick of the crop in the East, he still couldn't put it all togther even with great talent. His ease into mediocrity tracks the expansion of other programs in the East which sucked away his pool. You cut your losses and dont double down on a washed up journeyman coach. Bold action and a big vision is required. Mark my words, PP will run this program into a rut you can't even begin to understand.
I watch more than the half time show smart . I watch every minute of every game. So who would be your coach ?? Sorry Saban and Miles and Meyer are not avail. What makes you such a freaking know it all ? What teams have you coached ?? Have you ever played the game or just an arm chair quarterback ? Do you even watch the other team on the field ? What they are not trying to win also ? CLUELESS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom