Creative Line-ups | The Boneyard

Creative Line-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

http://www.journalinquirer.com/articles/2011/12/16/sports/doc4eec2b6a016a6538653460.txt

During the exam break, there was plenty of time for the coaches to experiment, come up with creative line-ups. Was this a good thing or bad thing - only time will tell.

My own sense is there is almost an obsession this year by many players about minutes.....and there ain't enough. While this is natural - this year with so many capable players being close in talent - it may keep us from getting in a smooth rotation? But, Calhoun is the master, so we will see how it plays out. Who would have thought Chuck would have done what he did in the NC game? Not me earlier in the year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
http://www.journalinquirer.com/articles/2011/12/16/sports/doc4eec2b6a016a6538653460.txt

During the exam break, there was plenty of time for the coaches to experiment, come up with creative line-ups. Was this a good thing or bad thing - only time will tell.

My own sense is there is almost an obsession this year by many players about minutes.....and there ain't enough. While this is natural - this year with so many capable players being close in talent - it may keep us from getting in a smooth rotation? But, Calhoun is the master, so we will see how it plays out. Who would have thought Chuck would have done what he did in the NC game? Not me earlier in the year.

mauconnfan, kitaman, tykurez, intlzncster and a few others were aware of Chuck's contributions from the get go and discussed this frequently early in the season. We were waiting for others to come to this conclusion. I don't think we jumped the gun.

I guess you can't help yourself about this chemistry issue. If this season cruds out I'm sure you'll pounce on one of the huskies. Whose your intended target - Shabazz? Why not try to be more a conciliator than an instigator?

Personally I was thrilled that no one on this board took you to task about a certain player we both touted, but who displayed a lot of immaturity and demonstrated chemistry problems. Posters would have had a credible reason for going after this player and even more reason to make him a target based on your efforts to go after other players with suggestions and innuendos about immaturity and chemistry issues.

C

Chief00

Just curious what was it in Chuck's early season performance that made you think he would make a significant contribution in the NC game. Quite frankly, I don't recall seeing all the posts you mentioned on that subject, but it was a long time ago. I had said they would reach the Sweet 16 preseason last year while many posters thought that losing Dyson was too much of a talent drain.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just curious what was it in Chuck's early season performance that made you think he would make a significant contribution in the NC game. Quite frankly, I don't recall seeing all the posts you mentioned on that subject, but it was a long time ago. I had said they would reach the Sweet 16 preseason last year while many posters thought that losing Dyson was too much of a talent drain.
I'm not claiming to be a guru based on my observations, but early last season there were several threads going after DBev and CO. In the CO threads several of us pointed out CO's shortcomings on the offensive end but how much of an asset he was on the defensive end and that his overall play deserved his being on the court.

mau and I discussed how AO frequently mishandled his defensive assignment on the defensive end when he went to the top of the key if his player was setting a screen and how he failed to either guard the free player or get back to cover his player on a pick and roll. Chuck was far better at handling this. We also felt Chuck was much better at causing opposing teams drivers into the lane from getting to the hoop than Alex was. Most posters disagreed with us. It doesn't matter since this forum is all about opinions. AO corrected this in the post season.

I think you present some decent ideas. I just find you go over the top with some of your attacks on players.

C

Chief00

I was the one that predicted the best outcome for last year's team from preseason on. I always liked Chuck but thought he lacked confidence. The one guy I was negative about - Dyson - I absolutely was on the money about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My own sense is there is almost an obsession this year by many players about minutes...

I think you're projecting. Obsession? Can you give an example of where this obsession has manifested itself to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom