Crean to Georgia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crean to Georgia

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Question: Seems like everyone is assuming Hurley is coming to Storrs. But what if Hurley goes to Pitt or extends with URI or lands somewhere else? One option I have not seen is naming an interim coach until we absolutely get the right guy. Even if it is another year. We don’t want to screw this hire up. And I truly hope that interim coach is NOT Jim Calhoun. I absolutely love the guy but no way do I want to see him on the UConn bench next year.

I'd rather they not have to do an interim coach. But there is not a better interim coaching option than Jim Calhoun I would think. I'd rather not have Chillious be the head coach...

As an aside- It happens in European soccer a bit. They will fire a manager and then bring back the old retired legend until they get a new one.

But obviously a legit head coach is our first option. However, outside of Hurley, it appears to be slim pickings. I'm fine with Calhoun being plan D temporarily, even though it's really not ideal.

Reaction Score
Which is all fine. I was just answering the question on how it’s a middle finger.

They both were going to string him along and he went and got more money than they are probably going to pay someone. Plus that place gave Fox 8 years to do next to nada.
Yes...and even though he wasn't their first choice....he is now...and that's all that matters in this game. Good opportunity for him in several ways, including the fans and admin having more patience than at a place like Pitt.

Reaction Score
As someone with family ties to UGA, I'm happy for them and I'm glad they are spending money on the basketball program.

It's really difficult to get people up here to understand how small of a deal UGA basketball usually is.

They are less popular than the gymnastics team which, seriously, brings in 10k plus on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
Good luck recruiting anyone with an interim coach.
Isn’t that better than digging a bigger hole that takes years to recover from. Yeah it would be a rough year but if it means the right hire and a bright future doesn’t mean it make more sense? I guess today’s fan is all about what can you do for me now? So spoiled with all the winning at UConn. Outside of Hurley (and I’m not head over heels about Hurley) or rolling the dice on an unproven mid major, who is turning this program around? I’m just saying, make the right hire.

Reaction Score
I'd rather they not have to do an interim coach. But there is not a better interim coaching option than Jim Calhoun I would think. I'd rather not have Chillious be the head coach...

As an aside- It happens in European soccer a bit. They will fire a manager and then bring back the old retired legend until they get a new one.

But obviously a legit head coach is our first option. However, outside of Hurley, it appears to be slim pickings. I'm fine with Calhoun being plan D temporarily, even though it's really not ideal.
I would have been better with a solid plan if this is what we end up with after all this drama and national attention drawn to ourselves. Can we conduct any more of an s/:; show? This had better not turn into who has a pulse out there for the time being. No way. If that’s the case. Big Dave better start packing. Fast.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we could have Smart instead of Ollie. Not sure he could have gotten us the natty though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom