Crazy Wagner Buzzer Beater | The Boneyard

Crazy Wagner Buzzer Beater

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This is funny. That one announcer is such a homer. It is clear that the shot was taken before the light went on.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
This is funny. That one announcer is such a homer. It is clear that the shot was taken before the light went on.

Great vid.

The homer is upset that it counted, not because it was late, but because it was taken from behind the backboard. You can see him behind the table at the :29 mark when he pulls off his headset, slams them on the table, and then stands up and continues shouting "NO!" You can then hear him get picked up on his partner's mic, yelling at the ref "That's behind the basket! That's behind the basket!". The camera pans to the scoreboard, but you can then hear him yell "Bull$hit!"

Hilarious!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great vid.

The homer is upset that it counted, not because it was late, but because it was taken from behind the backboard. You can see him behind the table at the :29 mark when he pulls off his headset, slams them on the table, and then stands up and continues shouting "NO!" You can then hear him get picked up on his partner's mic, yelling at the ref "That's behind the basket! That's behind the basket!". The camera pans to the scoreboard, but you can then hear him yell "Bull$hit!"

Hilarious!
Incredible play to win the game. The color commentator was hilarious. Good catch on his movements and statements.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
lol - it's a good vid when you watch it the first time, but hysterical when you watch it a second time looking at the announcer.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, I think the shot went in front of the backboard and should count. If you freeze-frame his release point and when the ball comes back into the picture and create sort of an imaginary trajectory, I think the ball sort of goes over the side of the backboard (which is legal) but not from behind (which is not). Although I also can't tell for sure, since the depth perception on teh video isn't great. It also looks like the ball might have bounced out of bounds before the shooter got a hold of it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Great vid.

Hilarious!

Yes, thanks for the clarification. I watched it again and it is even more hilarious when you watch the guy freaking out.

Reaction Score
I believe the rule is the same no matter the league. If you ask me, as long as it doesn't come directly behind the backboard they should count it. It's a h*ll of a shot when it happens and makes no sense at all to not count it. I can understand when it comes from behind the backboard it's becomes pretty much an unblockable shot but when taken from an angle the backboard no longer impedes the defender.

I always wonder when some of these rules were put in place and further defined over time.

I just love the mid ad low major anouncers. There are some real entertaining calls. I love the Govenors (I think that was the team) Goal Tending call that prevented them from going to the NCAAs. I'm sure many have heard it played on Mike & Mike over the years. Somthing about tearing the hearts out of the players, coaches, fans, anouncers... just a real funny end of game call.

Reaction Score
You guys hear the announcer take his headset off and start yelling at the refs in the background? priceless.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
At the end of the vid, the play-by-play guy says he didn't see who took the shot, but that it hit the top of the backboard. Can anyone else see it bounce off the top of the board, because I sure can't. Looks to me like it comes down an hits the front of te rim, bounces to the front of the backboard, and drops through cleanly.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
At the end of the vid, the play-by-play guy says he didn't see who took the shot, but that it hit the top of the backboard. Can anyone else see it bounce off the top of the board, because I sure can't. Looks to me like it comes down an hits the front of te rim, bounces to the front of the backboard, and drops through cleanly.

Rich, I saw the same thing. The shot hit the front of the rim clean.

Not the most talented set of broadcasters. Who knew that Jesse "The Body" was doing games for the Bronocs?
jesse-ventura.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul