Crazy scores today. | The Boneyard

Crazy scores today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Akron beats pitt 21-10
Yale beats Army 49-46
Western Kentucky beats Navy 36-27

Those are the ones that jump out at me today.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Northwestern 29-6 over Penn State.

Colorado State 24-21 at Boston College where the oddsmakers had a better sense than the bettors - game opened at -2 and jumped to -7.

Maryland 37-15 at Indiana - freaking Randy is 4-1.

Minnesota 30-14 at Michigan - Hoke says he still feels his team can win a championship. Of what, he did not say.

Texas 23 Kansas 0. Weis gets fired without us in a few months.

Missouri loses at home to Indiana last week and then goes on the road and beats South Carolina this week.

Air Force 28-14 over Boise. Boise had seven turnovers - seven!

Miami 22-10 over Duke which sends the only other ranked team in the ACC skittering back out of the rankings.

Washington State 28 Utah 27 - Utah led 21-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Notre Dame 31 Syracuse 15 - ND had five turnovers and still breezed. Syracuse is bad.

Texas State 37 Tulsa 34 - AAC goes 0-6 OOC.

Bowling Green 47 UMass 42 - Most inportantly, from my perspective, UMass covered. They're 0-5, but their quarterback threw for 589 yards and five touchdowns and I'm pretty sure they'd f--- us up if we played.

Reaction Score
When we hired P, I wanted Whipple.

When we hired Bob, I wanted Dave Clawson. Offense trumps defense in Today's college game.

Yeah those were some doozies you just noted. CSU over BC. Charlie Weis is out of schematic advantages.

Reaction Score
Yale beat Army. Is this the first time in at least 20 years where UConn might not be the best team in the state? We will find out soon.

Reaction Score
Yale beat Army. Is this the first time in at least 20 years where UConn might not be the best team in the state? We will find out soon.

Yale is lighting up the scoreboard with a modern no huddle, 4 WR spread, and with a QB with far less talent than Boyle. Diaco's offense is all 80's all the time, no wonder Casey grew a mullet, he was trying to warn us.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yale is lighting up the scoreboard with a modern no huddle, 4 WR spread, and with a QB with far less talent than Boyle. Diaco's offense is all 80's all the time, no wonder Casey grew a mullet, he was trying to warn us.
You're beginning to sound like TDHusky.

Reaction Score
When we hired P, I wanted Whipple.

When we hired Bob, I wanted Dave Clawson. Offense trumps defense in Today's college game.

Yeah those were some doozies you just noted. CSU over BC. Charlie Weis is out of schematic advantages.

Offense trumps defense as long as Weis isn't your coach.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I was way too depressed last night to watch any more football last night when I got home. I didn't even look at the scores, other than the ones that were flashed at the Rent from time to time. Some of the scores that Fishy posted are surprising.

Reaction Score
You're beginning to sound like TDHusky.

Actually Yale ran the ball most of the time out of the spread. That's the beauty of the spread, it creates a lot of space in the defense.

The spread works and we aren't using it, the question is WHY?

Is Diaco going to be stubborn and let his promising head coaching career be torpedoed because he likes old school smash mouth offense, or will he adjust and modernize?

If freaking Yale can do it so can we.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If we tried to run the spread, we'd be sued for wrongful death by Chandler's next of kin.

But I agree with you - in college, it works.

Reaction Score
If we tried to run the spread, we'd be sued for wrongful death by Chandler's next of kin.

But I agree with you - in college, it works.

Running a jet sweep out of the spread puts a QB at minimal risk, running a quick sideline screen out of the spread puts a QB at minimal risk. Yale's QB was no faster than Chandler, Fat Casey couldn't run at all.

Is Diaco's current offense protecting our QB?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Almost went to the Yale-Army game. :rolleyes:
Went, amazing event with a 1000 cadets marching in and 3 solders jumping from a helicopter into the bowl, ohh by the way we SHOULD beat Army, I know after Temple game that seems like a stretch but they have less offense than we do. Great to see Yale stick it up their ass cuz every cadet thought the " Nerds" were gonna get blown out. Tyler Varga ended up with an Espn helmet sticker from Lou Holtz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom