Crazy day so far for ranked teams... | The Boneyard

Crazy day so far for ranked teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN looks average in a 16 point win over SJU...

#16 RU falls to #20 ISU

Wake Forest up on Duke late in the first half

Pitt up 8 over L'ville at halftime

Michigan up 10 over MSU at half time

Mississippi leading Kentucky late in the first half

aTm down by 5 to Arkansas midway thru the 2nd half

Syracuse giving ND all they can handle (down 9 with about 4 minutes to go...)

We saw Tennessee struggle with Missouri yesterday...

Just crazy I say!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Most of these teams outside the top-5 are vulnerable. That said, Kentucky just isn't very good. They're still losing to an Ole Miss team that lost to Baylor by 50 and Western Kentucky by 30.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner had another huge game for the Irish. They have more issues than I expected but she's the kind of talent that can make them dangerous on any given night.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UCONN looks average in a 16 point win over SJU...

#16 RU falls to #20 ISU

Wake Forest up on Duke late in the first half

Pitt up 8 over L'ville at halftime

Michigan up 10 over MSU at half time

Mississippi leading Kentucky late in the first half

aTm down by 5 to Arkansas midway thru the 2nd half

Syracuse giving ND all they can handle (down 9 with about 4 minutes to go...)

We saw Tennessee struggle with Missouri yesterday...

Just crazy I say!!

I was watching the ESPN homepage crawl thinking pretty much the same. It's a good thing I guess to have some drama and the rankings really look soft this year. Felt from the start of the season that some big names were taking a Name ride.

Reaction Score
Not quite so crazy now. aTm pulled out a win, Duke and KY have the leads in their games and Louisville tied 55-55 with Pitt

Reaction Score
aTm barely pulled that out, made a putback with tenths of a second left on the clock.

Reaction Score
Duke & Louisville won, KY still ahead (barely, 60-58 with 1:28 left)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Days like today continue to help re-evaluating the top 4-5 teams in the country. I still think UCONN is clearly the best team in the nation, but it bunches up with SC, Notre Dame, and Texas, and after that, not sure who. Maybe "parity" has made all but the very top teams look human on any given day, and UCONN didn't exactly light the garden on fire vs. SJU today.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
When UConn plays St. John's, you pretty much have to shrug off anything that happens. It was better than the disaster at Gampel in 2012, and it was better than the narrow escape victory in 2013. I'm perfectly happy with the outcome of this game.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Rutgers lost to Iowa, not Iowa State. Lisa Bluder has her Hawkeyes playing quite well, even though they are a bit small-ish in the paint. Melissa Dixon had 21, mostly on threes, as she broke Lindsay Meder's record today.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Some good games among the unranked but receiving votes.

Ohio State beat Northwestern 73-64. Georgetown transfer Shayla Cooper led them with 19pts and 9 rebounds. Ohio State will be a good team as the season progresses. They played well today. Northwestern had been on a role to start the season.

Oklahoma beat WVU 71-60. Watched the second half of that game. WVU shot only 37% from the floor. Missed a lot of wide open shots which did not allow theme to set up any kind of defense.

Reaction Score
Days like today continue to help re-evaluating the top 4-5 teams in the country. I still think UCONN is clearly the best team in the nation, but it bunches up with SC, Notre Dame, and Texas, and after that, not sure who. Maybe "parity" has made all but the very top teams look human on any given day, and UCONN didn't exactly light the garden on fire vs. SJU today.

Include Princeton as one of the top teams in the country...

Reaction Score
Some good games among the unranked but receiving votes.

Ohio State beat Northwestern 73-64. Georgetown transfer Shayla Cooper led them with 19pts and 9 rebounds. Ohio State will be a good team as the season progresses. They played well today. Northwestern had been on a role to start the season.

Oklahoma beat WVU 71-60. Watched the second half of that game. WVU shot only 37% from the floor. Missed a lot of wide open shots which did not allow theme to set up any kind of defense.

Lot of good games yesterday. I was only able to dvr four of them. I watched Ohio State and Oklahoma State play. Baylor beat Oklahome State handily but Britanny Martin is one of my favorite players in WCCB. Davis was kinda unstoppable in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom