crazy bcs scenario could put 3 SEC teams in BCS bowls this year | The Boneyard

crazy bcs scenario could put 3 SEC teams in BCS bowls this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BCS rule

"No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings."

What if
LSU(12-1) beats Arkansas(10-2), but somehow is upset by Georgia in the SEC title game.

2. Stanford(10-2) loses to Notre Dame
3. Alabama (11-1) beats Auburn
4. Oklahoma (10-2) beats Oklahoma St (10-2)

Alabama and LSU would almost certainly be #1 and #2, but not playing in the title game.
Virginia Tech, Houston and Boise St are the only zero or 1-loss teams. None of them can reach #2 in the BCS.

Reaction Score
accidentally posted before i was finished.

this also could happen if Arkansas beats LSU and loses to Georgia in the SEC title game. If the other scenarios play out the same way, LSU (11-1)and Bama (11-1) could still be #1 and #2 and not get the automatic SEC bid...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
why dont we just give them the BE bid this year for some $$$ cause our tv contract sucks so much diick???

Reaction Score
I get the whole LSU - 'bama thing, but what has Ark done? Beat a couple lousy SEC teams and a miraculous comeback against a bad TX A&M team?

They got rolled by a 'Bama team with a frosh QB.

In all seriousness college football is very average this year. Even LSU and 'Bama are decent at best.

BCS rule

"No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings."

What if
LSU(12-1) beats Arkansas(10-2), but somehow is upset by Georgia in the SEC title game.

2. Stanford(10-2) loses to Notre Dame
3. Alabama (11-1) beats Auburn
4. Oklahoma (10-2) beats Oklahoma St (10-2)

Alabama and LSU would almost certainly be #1 and #2, but not playing in the title game.
Virginia Tech, Houston and Boise St are the only zero or 1-loss teams. None of them can reach #2 in the BCS.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have a sneaking suspicion the ACC is going to pound on the SEC next week, possibly winning all 4 inter-conference matchups. I wonder if it slows down the "SEC is dominant" talk.

Reaction Score
Not sure on the UGA-Tech one.

The SEC is massively overrated, but they have 3 elite programs, of the top 6-8 in country.

I will say this, Lane Kiffin will have USC winning championships again soon.

I have a sneaking suspicion the ACC is going to pound on the SEC next week, possibly winning all 4 inter-conference matchups. I wonder if it slows down the "SEC is dominant" talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom