Crawford hated Boston media | The Boneyard

Crawford hated Boston media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On one hand, not a surprise. ONTH, I always got the feeling at the time that Crawford was getting kid glove treatment from the media, especially considering his performance. Many times watching or listening to the prattle, I found myself expecting the hammer that never came. I say this not to defend the Boston media, but more to question Crawford's motives. In one swoop, he scapegoats his lack of production while soliciting sympathy from his new, local media.

Reaction Score
""I get it, I didn't perform," he said. "I got the money. I didn't perform. I gave them every reason."
Not exactly scapegoating his lack of production.

Reaction Score
The Sox were paying him big money in a market where the fans and media have little patience for poor production. Welcome to a market where the fans actually give a damn. He is a good not great ballplayer and will probably have a successful career in LA where the fans come late and leave early. The Dodgers have a bunch of players like that so he'll fit right in.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Grow some skin, Carl. You signed a $142 Million contract and you didn't play up to it. Put your name on it, don't blame the media. You made the decision, you're grandchildren are set up for life. Now, take responsibility for the consequence of your actions. No one is responsible for the "beating" you took from the Boston Media but you. Manny was never comfortable with the media, but he still played there 7.5 years and won 2 World Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom