Cracks are forming in the Pac-12: Will they be patched before it's too late? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cracks are forming in the Pac-12: Will they be patched before it's too late?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lots of sales job out there. Hopefully, they land in a good spot.

Always a bit of a conundrum. Sales too low? fire the sales staff? Then you're left with fewer people trying to increase revenue. Can become a self-fulfilling death sprial.

Reaction Score
Louisville was a big mistake and everyone in the ACC knows that now, the ACC schools that wanted UCONN instead have been saying we told you so ever since.

You have that exactly right. We never cease to remind them. UConn's potential is unlimited. Your basketball speaks for itself, as do your Olympic sports. Football and baseball would grow here.

I'm stubborn. I still believe you will end up here.

Reaction Score
You have that exactly right. We never cease to remind them. UConn's potential is unlimited. Your basketball speaks for itself, as do your Olympic sports. Football and baseball would grow here.

I'm stubborn. I still believe you will end up here.
Our baseball is better than our Olynpic sports. Just an FYI.

Reaction Score
Louisville was a big mistake and everyone in the ACC knows that now, the ACC schools that wanted UCONN instead have been saying we told you so ever since.

Keep telling yourself that.

I wish it were true but I highly highly doubt it. Scandals matter little. Lou has fielded a ranked, sometimes highly ranked, FB team. I'm sure most of the ACC is quite happy.

Reaction Score

I wish it were true but I highly highly doubt it. Scandals matter little. Lou has fielded a ranked, sometimes highly ranked, FB team. I'm sure most of the ACC is quite happy.

Chapel Hill is quietly ecstatic over the redirected media attention.

Reaction Score

You need to look at the big picture of the ACC, a conference that prides itself on academic excellence in conjunction with athletics. I was not referring to the athletic scandals at all, but to some big time accreditation problems. Getting a quality education at a member school (Louisville) is an impossibilty now, and that's a problem for the ACC. Louisville is a classic example of a school that sacrificed it's core values for some short term athletic success. Hooker parties and cash payouts to recruits aside, do you think schools like Virginia, Notre Dame, Duke, GTech, Wake Forest, and Boston College are happy having a school in their conference that has student athletes that can't even multiply 7 times 8?

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You need to look at the big picture of the ACC, a conference that prides itself on academic excellence in conjunction with athletics. I was not referring to the athletic scandals at all, but to some big time accreditation problems. Getting a quality education at a member school (Louisville) is an impossibilty now, and that's a problem for the ACC. Louisville is a classic example of a school that sacrificed it's core values for some short term athletic success. Hooker parties and cash payouts to recruits aside, do you think schools like Virginia, Notre Dame, Duke, GTech, Wake Forest, and Boston College are happy having a school in their conference that has student athletes that can't even multiply 7 times 8?

What else do you guys need to see?

Nobody. Cares.

You may as well play powerball, at least if that fantasy comes true you’ve got $100 million dollars.

And Louisville can multiply 7 and 8 because that’s what they scored every week with their Heisman QB. You know what people actually care about.

Reaction Score
What else do you guys need to see?

Nobody. Cares.

You may as well play powerball, at least if that fantasy comes true you’ve got $100 million dollars.

And Louisville can multiply 7 and 8 because that’s what they scored every week with their Heisman QB. You know what people actually care about.
Hey whaler, do you still think Ollie's coming back?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey whaler, do you still think Ollie's coming back?

I didn’t think they were slimy enough to put the program at risk by using a rat to try and get them out of the terrible contract they offered.

I’ll never make the mistake of overestimating them again.

I certainly wasn’t wrong that they couldn’t play it straight up.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I didn’t think they were slimy enough to put the program at risk by using a rat to try and get them out of the terrible contract they offered.

I’ll never make the mistake of overestimating them again.

I certainly wasn’t wrong that they couldn’t play it straight up.
its-a-conspiracy.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah they just got really lucky!
Luck has got nothing to do with it! They obviously tricked Ollie into a serious of violations and forced him into lying about it!

They probably paid off the attorney who represented him into letting them put a clause in the contract that against NCAA violations. That has to be unheard of in college basketball and certainly not in every modern contract!

And the violations are so minor! I mean what college coach would know that paying for airfare, hotel rooms, food and extra off season training is prohibited?! That's pretty subtle!!

And the training was with a friend of Ollie's? Pshht...friend. He's probably a plant by UConn! Freaking fifth column waiting for a decade to be activated.

I can see all so clearly now! Thanks for explaining it all to us Whaler!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Once again, academics are meaningless. The schools you mentioned are thrilled to be raking in a lot of money in the ACC and that is all they care about. If not, L'Ville would have been thrown out by now and UNC given a death penalty for its academic scandal. I believe that you are in the stage of denial in the mourning process of UConn's demotion. The next stage will be anger. I have been through it. It is still there, but acceptance is right around the corner.

Reaction Score
Once again, academics are meaningless. The schools you mentioned are thrilled to be raking in a lot of money in the ACC and that is all they care about. If not, L'Ville would have been thrown out by now and UNC given a death penalty for its academic scandal. I believe that you are in the stage of denial in the mourning process of UConn's demotion. The next stage will be anger. I have been through it. It is still there, but acceptance is right around the corner.
Academics are meaningless for the millions of parents mulling over what school is best for their son or daughter? And the UCONN demotion from what? What the hell was UConn demoted from? I am a fan, something I believe you are definitely not. You claim to be a graduate of UConn, maybe you are, but you are no fan. When is the last time you actually went to watch a UConn major sport or open practice? I have never seen you in a boneyard game thread, recruiting thread, or injury thread on any major uconn sport anywhere, or posting any link anywhere that would tend to put Uconn in a good light. You only pop up in threads having to do with conference realignment, or UConn dropping football, or NCAA/coaching controversies. You're smart how you go about it, in a subtle way suggesting your BS rather than directly pissing people off. I think you passing yourself off as a boneyarder and UConn fan is phonier than Bob Diaco passing himself off as a football coach.

Reaction Score
"Son, I don't think you should go to Duke because they play in the same athletic conference as a school that provides a terrible education and is corrupt." -- No parent, ever
"Son, I don't think you should go to Duke because they value the corrupt athletics pool money the ACC gives to them every year more than the quality of your education."

"What son? You want to go to UConn instead? I go along with that, it's a Public Ivy, and I'll pay thousands less than at Duke. You can try and apply but they had 40,000 undergrad appilcants last spring and turned away almost three quarters of them."

Reaction Score
"Son, I don't think you should go to Duke because they value the corrupt athletics pool money the ACC gives to them every year more than the quality of your education."

"What son? You want to go to UConn instead? I go along with that, it's a Public Ivy, and I'll pay thousands less than at Duke. You can try and apply but they had 40,000 undergrad appilcants last spring and turned away almost three quarters of them."
Actually, Duke's acceptance rate last year was 9%.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

LOL. This board gets stupider every day.

Reaction Score
"Heather, I think you are exactly the kind of candidate we are looking for in this job. Graduating summa cum laude from Georgia Tech in your major is incredibly impressive, and you have excellent recommendations from your internships. Let's talk salary, shall we?"

"Uh oh. Wait a minute."

"Say .... doesn't Georgia Tech play in the ACC with corrupt Louisville?"

"That ends this interview. Please leave the premises."

"We won't be validating your parking."

CL82

Reaction Score
"Heather, I think you are exactly the kind of candidate we are looking for in this job. Graduating summa cum laude from Georgia Tech in your major is incredibly impressive, and you have excellent recommendations from your internships. Let's talk salary, shall we?"

"Uh oh. Wait a minute."

Tough break he was interviewing with a Kentucky fan.

Reaction Score
Academics are meaningless for the millions of parents mulling over what school is best for their son or daughter? And the UCONN demotion from what? What the hell was UConn demoted from? I am a fan, something I believe you are definitely not. You claim to be a graduate of UConn, maybe you are, but you are no fan. When is the last time you actually went to watch a UConn major sport or open practice? I have never seen you in a boneyard game thread, recruiting thread, or injury thread on any major uconn sport anywhere, or posting any link anywhere that would tend to put Uconn in a good light. You only pop up in threads having to do with conference realignment, or UConn dropping football, or NCAA/coaching controversies. You're smart how you go about it, in a subtle way suggesting your BS rather than directly pissing people off. I think you passing yourself off as a boneyarder and UConn fan is phonier than Bob Diaco passing himself off as a football coach.
I really feel sorry for you. But...UConn was demoted from being a BCS school to a mid major. I never advocated dropping football. It is time for you to realize that unfortunately UConn has been left behind with the demise of the old Big East, and it is highly unlikely that UConn will be joining a P5 conference any time soon. You can berate any school that you like and have in the past, but the fact is Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia, are all P5 and will remain so for many years to come,and it doesn't matter if they are the best or the worst academic schools in the world, they are making big money and UConn is not, unless you are going to donate 50 million dollars to UConn so that it can remain competitive. The rest of your comment is irrelevant to me and my relationship with the University of Connecticut. Wake up. I will now make a statement that will put UConn in a good light. UConn has excellent women's athletics and fine academics. There you go.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

"Uh oh. Wait a minute."

Schools you can no longer attend by this logic:

Michigan
North Carolina
California
Stanford
Texas
Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
There is a disconnect between academics and a schools sports programs, I think.

Nobody is going to say to a Princeton grad..."Nice transcript, good school...but you guys went 5-5 in a weak conference. I don't think you are our man."

Just as, I suspect, nobody is going to say to a North Carolina grad..."Nice transcript, good school... but didn't you guys have a football scandal? I don't think that you are our man."

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
This has become one of the wackiest threads ever. No conspiracy here, just idiocy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom