CR discussion on internet radio | The Boneyard

CR discussion on internet radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://smcradio.com/the-spin-zone-ep-4-362013/

Chip Brown- expert on college football stated the B1G has been in contact with UVA, UNC, and Georgia Tech recently and if B1G had the chance to take all three they will.

B1G and these other three schools are waiting for the Maryland law suit to come to an end to start reckoning.

Reaction Score
He did mention UConn. He stated that the Big 12 should of made the move on Louisville and Boise State or BYU to make the league a total of 12 teams, however Texas was not interested in the Big expanding to 12 teams because of money. He asked if Louisville was given an invite to the Big 12 who would the ACC offer, he said UConn, but that's all that was mentioned about UConn.

He said that all three of the schools I mentioned before are in talks with B1G. Supposedly, B1G already offered Delany's Alma mater UNC. Once UM law suit is done watch for the B1G to make some more noise.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Chip Brown apparently stated a few months ago that he pissed off someone at UT and he basically has been shut off from that athletic department. I can't imagine anyone else is talking to him, so he has no sources.

Reaction Score
Chip Brown apparently stated a few months ago that he pissed off someone at UT and he basically has been shut off from that athletic department. I can't imagine anyone else is talking to him, so he has no sources.

http://chipbrownshow.com/

And he's currently a writer for Rivals specifically the longhorns (Texas)

I'm pretty sure Chip Brown is still active and has sources in college football, but hey if you think this is all non sense, I guess we will wait and see what happens after University of Maryland law suit is over. :rolleyes:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
http://chipbrownshow.com/

And he's currently a writer for Rivals specifically the longhorns (Texas)

I'm pretty sure Chip Brown is still active and has sources in college football, but hey if you think this is all non sense, I guess we will wait and see what happens after University of Maryland law suit is over. :rolleyes:

I know who Chip Brown is. He could have pulled his "info" off the West Virginia Scout Board for all I know, since every Realignment "guru" on the Internet is driving page hits by saying the Maryland settlement will unleash a wave of realignment. I am confident that Chip doesn't have any sources on realignment. I can't speak to his recruiting insight.

Given that the ACC hasn't budged an inch on settling this, I think they have a pretty good case. And any case that Maryland does have will not apply to the other schools because Maryland voted against the fee increase and departed within a year of the increase being implemented. The other schools except Florida State all voted for the increased exit fees. They have no valid legal basis to challenge the fees.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are two reasons you don't budge...

First, if you think you have a good case. Second, if you know you don't...

The ACC could be trying to run clock here.

Reaction Score
I know who Chip Brown is. He could have pulled his "info" off the West Virginia Scout Board for all I know, since every Realignment "guru" on the Internet is driving page hits by saying the Maryland settlement will unleash a wave of realignment. I am confident that Chip doesn't have any sources on realignment. I can't speak to his recruiting insight.

Given that the ACC hasn't budged an inch on settling this, I think they have a pretty good case. And any case that Maryland does have will not apply to the other schools because Maryland voted against the fee increase and departed within a year of the increase being implemented. The other schools except Florida State all voted for the increased exit fees. They have no valid legal basis to challenge the fees.

What will you say if all three or at least two of the three joins B1G?

Do you know the guy personally to say he has no sources?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

UConnFam,
You can't argue ignorance, he has no sources.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I will say it is about time they leave the ACC, because that move will help UConn. Unlike most message board posters, I would rather be wrong and have a good outcome than right and have the current trend of realignment beatings continue.

I think UConn is in somewhat the same boat as Rutgers, where we are worth more to the Big 10 than we are to the ACC.

I think the next realignment move, if any, is likely to be Cincinnati and BYU to the Big 12. If you look at Texas' pattern in recent years, they run off stronger programs in terms of popularity and replace them with high quality teams but programs with weaker attractiveness in terms of fanbase, because that way Texas keeps control. Texas likes pulling the strings in the Big 12, and they could bring in a high quality football/basketball program that will do what it's told, and provides WVU a travel partner and rival. BYU is both good in football/basketball and has the biggest fan base of any school not in a major conference. The Sunday play thing is minor and easy to schedule around. Texas may choose to do nothing, but if the allow the Big 12 to expand, it looks like they neither want nor can get FSU and Clemson out of the ACC at this point.

ESPN is facing a calamity if the ACC falls apart, and they would become, overnight, a secondary player in college sports if that happened. Fox would have more and better content than the worldwide leader if the ACC disintegrated. I believe these UNC, UVa, GTech, etc. rumors are being leaked by the ACC to get ESPN to push the contract up. I think you will see, in the next six months, a deal for the ACC network that will pay the ACC a ton of money they were not going to get before.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have to admit that this thread is the first time I have seen anyone defend Chip Brown on any message board, including UT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom