Cptv Out Of Sync | The Boneyard

Cptv Out Of Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the Geno show is disconcerting. The sound is way ahead of their lips. Will the play-by-play be as out of sync. Will we be told of baskets in advance. I know public tv runs on a shoe string budget, but in this technological age surely it cannot be that hard to synchronize the sound with the action. Will this new sports venture be as funky?

Reaction Score
I had this kind of trouble with Hoopstreams last year only the synch was out the other way...the voices were after the fact. This didn't happen as I recall on live screen but rather when I replayed a game from the archive. It puzzled me because the sound and video should be in synch in storage and it would take some gifted form of creativity to take it out of synch for rebroadcast. I sounds like it still is an issue.

Reaction Score
Yes, I was watching a replay.

I had this kind of trouble with Hoopstreams last year only the synch was out the other way...the voices were after the fact. This didn't happen as I recall on live screen but rather when I replayed a game from the archive. It puzzled me because the sound and video should be in synch in storage and it would take some gifted form of creativity to take it out of synch for rebroadcast. I sounds like it still is an issue.

Reaction Score
At least you could watch the show. I tried four times and the best I could do was watch until about 4 minutes in, when it froze. Sorry, but am not prepared to watch the opening of the show over and over again in hopes I will finally get to see all of it.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Maybe not as creative as you would think. I am not an expert but I do play with various forms of video modification including converting video format and compression of files. When compressing it is possible to lose the synch and I've run into that several times compressing video files to play on my Iphone. My guess is they compress the files when they put them in archive and they lost the synch in that process.

Reaction Score
Maybe not as creative as you would think. I am not an expert but I do play with various forms of video modification including converting video format and compression of files. When compressing it is possible to lose the synch and I've run into that several times compressing video files to play on my Iphone. My guess is they compress the files when they put them in archive and they lost the synch in that process.
Thanks, Biff...that probably explains it. My age is showing as my thinking was based on ancient vaults of tape storage in a TV studio.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
BTW, the site says
youmakecallaudioissue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics