CPTV Gets Sun Games | The Boneyard

CPTV Gets Sun Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just to be clear on this: this is not the regular CPTV station....correct?
Do you know if Cox carries this special CPTV channel?

Reaction Score

As well as all the other companies in the region: DirecTV, metrocast, Dish, etc. etc. Decision could be a good one and a bad one at the same time if none of the carriers pick up this station

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

We live in Newington and our Cox channel, which is Newington, Manchester, Rocky Hill, and Wethersfield carries it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think cox and Comcast carry the secondary channel but not any of the dish providers or AT&T.

Was there really more pressing programming on CPTV over the summer that they couldn't have just put the games on their primary channel?

Reaction Score
Charter here in Western Mass does not carry the special CPTV channel. :(

I sure hope this doesn't mean that UCONN WBB isn't going in this direction as well.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I think cox and Comcast carry the secondary channel but not any of the dish providers or AT&T.

Was there really more pressing programming on CPTV over the summer that they couldn't have just put the games on their primary channel?

Actually, yes .. they are running a 27-part special on the history of pressing. It's a laundry extravaganza that sometimes gets pretty steamy. Jerry was concerned about broadcasting basketball at the same time -- didn't want to cause any viewer confusion in case teams decided to press. The 27-part special would have been better if Ken Burns had agreed to produce it, but they couldn't iron out the details to everyone's satisfaction.

Reaction Score
... Was there really more pressing programming on CPTV over the summer that they couldn't have just put the games on their primary channel?
I guess you missed the CPTV presser on that very subject.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
For us far away folks, does this mean the Sun won't appear on NBA-TV?

Reaction Score
You guys are confusing me...does DirectTV carry this CPTV Sports channel or not?

Reaction Score
Wire-- NBA TV carries alot of WNBA games that have a local stream so there should be some Sun games on NBA TV. The schedule for that channel is not out yet as far as I know.
Dairy-- Cox and Comcast in CT are the only providers that carry CPTV Sports at this time. I'm not even sure all areas in CT with Cox and Comcast get the channel. I'm in Norwich and have Comcast and get CPTV Sports.

On edit--Cox and Comcast are the only channels that i'm aware of--last I knew, they were the only carriers for CPTV Sports.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Channel availability from the CPTV Sports site:
"On cable: Cablevision 139, Comcast 185 187 or 744, Cox 805, Charter 223 or 224, Thames River 87. Over the air digital: Hartford WEDH 24.3, Bridgeport WEDW 49.3; New Haven WEDY 65.3; Norwich WEDN 53.3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom