Cowherd giving us Props | The Boneyard

Cowherd giving us Props

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Cowherd is the only legitimate voice at ESPN. Everyone else jumps on and off the band wagons of the popular teams of the year, but Cowherd always seems to call it like it is. He's really the only person worth listening to in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I think Cowherd is the only legitimate voice at ESPN. Everyone else jumps on and off the band wagons of the popular teams of the year, but Cowherd always seems to call it like it is. He's really the only person worth listening to in my opinion.

I don't know if he's the only voice, but I agree with you. He keeps it real. I find him much more entertaining than Mike and Mike

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I remember him saying, when UConn went to their Bowl game, UConn would be a good fit in the B1G. He believed both parties were talking, and UConn was a rising star.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he's the only voice, but I agree with you. He keeps it real. I find him much more entertaining than Mike and Mike

Golic is a total ND homer. We get it you played at ND many moons ago. Greenberg just seems to like to go against popular belief. I like to listen when they argue over their top 10 lists that's really all. Just don't get me started on Bayless and Stephen A. SMith.

Reaction Score
Just listened to this too.. He makes the argument that the only thing that matters is tourney success and that unlike Duke & Cuse we havent had any bad 1st round losses and that overall we make more noise in the tournament than anyone else. Like SaeHusky mentions.. he takes UConn over Duke over the last 15 years.

Couldn't agree more.

Reaction Score
To each his own. I don't like him. I do like Stephen A. and Bayless. They are at least a bit thoughtful. Tony Terp and his friend are insufferable.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone can honestly argue with UCONN's success and place as one of the elite basketball programs at this point. Then you add the Women's team success, which will go down as one of the best runs ever.
UCONN is the college basketball central.

Reaction Score
Right now the only person I heard taking us is Jay Williams. Smith took us against MSU but don't think against Fla. We're elite but maybe not sexy enough for them.

Reaction Score
We were also called a blue blood before our last game or so...

Reaction Score
This morning I purposely woke up early to listen to Mike & Mike's analysis of the game -- and to see if there would be any bias. Sure enough . . . they said Michigan State played "weird" and seemed "rattled" due to the crowd, which as we know was overwhelmingly pro-UConn. Not that the Huskies won because of great defense; or that Ollie coached a great game -- MSU lost because they played "weird" (and as to the home crowd feel, no mention of 2009 in Detroit). And, of course, they then drooled all over the Squid.

I missed what the morning guys on CBS Sports had to say, but they seemed to be NY homers anyway. On Fox Sports, Steve Lavin and Austin Croshere both picked Florida to win it all. The only dissenter? Donny Marshall -- "I'm sticking with my alma mater! It's the Year of the Dog!" (Actually I think it's the Year of the Horse, but his enthusiasm HAS to be good for the mojo!)

Reaction Score
steve lappas face moves in every direction known to man. wally szxdnkjzxnkdjnas has finally hopped on the bandwagon, really likes our squad. somebody has to give rothstein props, he was claiming napier the best guard in the country before a game started.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn getting some air time on the Mutt and Merloni Show (with Michael Holley today) on WEEI. Started at 11:51 (to 12:00). Napier is obviously getting the majority of attention. Holley sort of turned it into a Boston Area kids leaving Boston to play basketball.

They are now ranking on BC's admission standards and the straw that broke the Jim O'Brien Camel's back (Depina, Bradley, and Tyler).

Back to UConn and Ollie getting props. They basically say that UConn has a punchers chance on Saturday. Mentioned the German Hammer (Giffey...first time I've heard that) not hitting a 3 all game and still winning. Mutt says that he can foresee UK/Wisc. fans rooting for the underdog and turning the Final 4 into Storrs, North Texas.

Finished with a few words on Calapari. Holley said as sleezy as he is, he's the coach you would sign up with for a decent shot at the Final 4. Mutt responded with a familiar refrain heard here (Kentucky has about 4 years before the Final 4 is vacated). He then defended (when pressed) UConn's absence from the Tournament last year.

Just realized from his Twitter feed that Mutt is UConn Class of 2002. Be that as it may, it's nice to hear UConn-centric play on a Boston radio show. Will be interested to hear if Mikey Adams (Manchester CT by way of Avon Old Farms) has something to say this evening. He's on after the Red Sox game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed about Mike and Mike. They're like the old I Love Lucy show, Lucile Ball and Desi Arnez, with the constant husband v. wife schtick. Just unbearable to listen to.

Reaction Score
What you have to remember about Cowherd ...

He doesn't really have an honest opinion. He starts his look/review with ONE question: What is the most entertaining take for my audience? How can I draw them in ... and get a good steaming upsetting push going?

So, I am not sure what his opinion is. I know that he can get 70% of the listening audience by making the claim (right ... IMHO) that UConn has better resume than Duke. And Gawd ... certainly Syracuse. Now, if he said that, he is aiming at an audience. National. And Northeast. If he said Kentucky ... National. And UCLA ... his LA listeners now. etc.

True opinions? Gottlieb. (though he wrong ... but he will stick his neck out) Certainly Bilas. Mike & Mike might as well be me & an office co-worker. They might be prepped; but, I think I know the hoop game better than either of them. Francesa too.

Reaction Score
To each his own. I don't like him. I do like Stephen A. and Bayless. They are at least a bit thoughtful. Tony Terp and his friend are insufferable.
I'm no Cowherd fan, but Bayless? Really?

The only thought that goes through his mind is "what can I say to get the biggest rise out of people?" He's a hack.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kidding"Pudge, post: 908962, member: 364"]What you have to remember about Cowherd ...

He doesn't really have an honest opinion. He starts his look/review with ONE question: What is the most entertaining take for my audience? How can I draw them in ... and get a good steaming upsetting push going?

So, I am not sure what his opinion is. I know that he can get 70% of the listening audience by making the claim (right ... IMHO) that UConn has better resume than Duke. And Gawd ... certainly Syracuse. Now, if he said that, he is aiming at an audience. National. And Northeast. If he said Kentucky ... National. And UCLA ... his LA listeners now. etc.

True opinions? Gottlieb. (though he wrong ... but he will stick his neck out) Certainly Bilas. Mike & Mike might as well be me & an office co-worker. They might be prepped; but, I think I know the hoop game better than either of them. Francesa too.[/quote]
Kidding? Mike and mike (and dan patrick) are the most bland boring generic acts on sports radio...I dont get how they have jobs.

TKs

Reaction Score
The Herd must have flip flopped on UConn. About 3 weeks ago he said he'd seen us in person a few times this season and let out a long eeeeehhhhh, they're just OK, not a really good team! Never forget him trashing Aaron Rogers all season the year he ended up winning the Super Bowl (everybodys buying his stock, not me I'm SELLLLIN!!!!! Cant win the big game!!!!). He's wrong as much as he's right just like all the rest of the talking heads.

Reaction Score

The only thought that goes through his mind is "what can I say to get the biggest rise out of people?" He's a hack.

You might not like his delivery but he actually puts some thought and even research behind his whacked out opinions. As does Stephen A. These two are actually pretty considerate even if their style is not that appealing. They are much better than Wilbon and Kornheiser who may be more presentable, but more often are blowing something out their butts. On substance, I give it to SA and SB. They are the Cris Collingsworth's of ESPN. Stylistically bad, but substantially good.

Reaction Score

Bayless, "All Tim Tebow does is win!" Stephen A., "TIm Tebow is the worst QB of all time."

Bayless, "Romo and the Cowboys are going to win the superbowl because Jerry Jones is a GM genius." Stephen A. "The Cowboys are in terrible sorts because of Jerry Jones and Tony Romo."

That is basically every episode of First Take.

Reaction Score
Bayless, "All Tim Tebow does is win!" Stephen A., "TIm Tebow is the worst QB of all time."

Bayless, "Romo and the Cowboys are going to win the superbowl because Jerry Jones is a GM genius." Stephen A. "The Cowboys are in terrible sorts because of Jerry Jones and Tony Romo."

That is basically every episode of First Take.

They agree most of the time.

Reaction Score
I find it funny that on this board every sports host or journalist is judged by their opinion on how good UCONN is. It's really entertaining. Bilas was getting praise on this board for years until this season. Now CC is the only legitimate voice on ESPN. He happens to be right on this topic but I have disagreed with him on many issues.

Reaction Score
I feel like Andy Katz has generally been good to us always interviews our players and coach. It also helps that he hats Boehim and Boehim hates him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom