COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 11 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now have two appointments. One J&J one Moderna. Not sure which to keep.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
We did ours at Vine Street in Middletown. Pfizer. Got very lucky with first shot in early March. Long story short, we had VAMS IDs but no appointment. We went over there at noon and they took us right away, I'm guessing because they'd already had no shows. Second shot was scheduled for the rent like 25 days later, but on the three week date we found openings on VAMS for Vine that day and rescheduled.

Only side effects were being a bit wiped out the day after shot number 2.

Good luck and keep trying.....

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
J&J shot tomorrow. PA said scr3w it and opened it up to everyone 16 and over.

Reaction Score
J&J shot tomorrow. PA said scr3w it and opened it up to everyone 16 and over.
New Hampshire has so much of the vaccines that they've even opened it up to out of staters. So anyone that is complaining about getting an appointment just isn't looking very hard. @HuskyHawk was saying he was having a problem getting an appointment and now he has 2 and figuring out which one to drop. Lol

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
New Hampshire has so much of the vaccines that they've even opened it up to out of staters. So anyone that is complaining about getting an appointment just isn't looking very hard. @HuskyHawk was saying he was having a problem getting an appointment and now he has 2 and figuring out which one to drop. Lol

Massachusetts said a large volume of vaccines would hit and it seems it finally did. I cancelled my Walgreens already. Wanted to free it up quickly for others. CVS still doesn’t have many open spots. I think more people looking for them via CVS.

Mass opens to everyone before that NH rule goes into effect.

Reaction Score
Got the J&J last night at 8:15 (Vax-athon at Artist Collective)....woke up with slight headache, but otherwise feeling fine, around noon started to get a mild fever and now I’m a bit tired and achy. Cancelled on a mountain bike ride and yard work and getting delivery for dinner.

Reaction Score
Yes, but if people are complaining about getting an appointment in MA it seems to be much easier in NH if they've opened it up to out of staters. That was my point. Not the timing.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Got the Pfizer 2nd dose 2 days ago, so I have about 12 days to go until I'm good. I've had really no ill effects after either shot.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Now have two appointments. One J&J one Moderna. Not sure which to keep.
Why not both? What’s the worst that could happen?

Morphing The Shaggy Dog GIF

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Why not both? What’s the worst that could happen?

Morphing The Shaggy Dog GIF

Why not both always applies to ”should I buy this whiskey or that whisky?” For this? I think I will pass on that concept.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pfizer #2 this morning. Went with dominant arm this time, figuring I will keep it more active without thinking about it.

Never felt the shot and so far don’t feel anything except some lightheadedness like last time. Kind of how Coach described blackouts to Sam in “Cheers”: “It’s kind of a nice break in the day, isn’t it?”

Thanks to @Jeff , I passed part of the fifteen-minute post-shot observation time by purchasing my men’s games tickets for Battle4Atlantis, so that may have something to do with my elation!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
As mentioned, J&J shot this morning went smoothly. Not sure if the soreness is from the needle or exceeding my pitch count during our first little league practice yesterday.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Massachusetts said a large volume of vaccines would hit and it seems it finally did. I cancelled my Walgreens already. Wanted to free it up quickly for others. CVS still doesn’t have many open spots. I think more people looking for them via CVS.

Why cancel Walgreens?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Why cancel Walgreens?

Wanted to free it up for others. I kept my appointment at Gillette Stadium. So Moderna shot 1 on Saturday instead of J&J on Thursday.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I signed up with the state... nothing. Signed up with a regional hospital system... still nothing.

A friend called me to let me know a drug store had Pfizer shots. I called them and they sure come on by. I downloaded their forms filled them out copied my license and my insurance card, pulled up they looked at the paperwork stabbed my arm through the car window and sent me on my way. Easy peasy.
Since this post, both the state and the hospital system contacted me. It may be as simple as they've gotten through the higher risk people and are getting to the rest of us. I'm happy with the way the timing worked out. The drive through vaccination was fast and efficient.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pfizer #2 this morning. Went with dominant arm this time, figuring I will keep it more active without thinking about it.

Never felt the shot and so far don’t feel anything except some lightheadedness like last time. Kind of how Coach described blackouts to Sam in “Cheers”: “It’s kind of a nice break in the day, isn’t it?”

Thanks to @Jeff , I passed part of the fifteen-minute post-shot observation time by purchasing my men’s games tickets for Battle4Atlantis, so that may have something to do with my elation!
Went to work today because I need to be here for a few conferences but I am feeling totally achy and tired. Like flu-type body aches, but not too bad otherwise (i.e., no headache, fever or other symptoms yet). Right arm is pretty sore but not as sore as the left arm was after the first shot. I do think that moving it more has helped.

Will be heading home early afternoon to sit my ass on the recliner if it doesn’t improve in the next couple hours.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday.
Promptly went outside with the chainsaw and started tearing at a downed tree in my back yard.
Then threw stumps and branches into piles with my son.

Woke today with my shot arm hurting, head in the Pfizer fog and all of my muscles and joints just aching.
Tylenol and electrolytes diet today so hopefully it passes later or overnight.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Got second shot Saturday. Felt a little funky Saturday night, nothing major. Suck it up.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Got second shot Saturday. Felt a little funky Saturday night, nothing major. Suck it up.
You realize that everyone reacts differently, right?

I felt nothing but some lightheadedness and arm pain after the first. Next day I felt great.

I’m surprised but not shocked that I am having a stronger reaction to the second.

Getting chills now. Definitely feels like the way the flu hits me the few times I’ve gotten it. But not nearly as bad as whatever I had in early January 2020, when I was laid out for three or four days for the first time ever. I tested negative for the flu then but of course was never tested for Covid because it wasn’t on anyone’s radar here then. I’m guessing I had it then.

Reaction Score
I know too mu
The sequel. Have at it, but stay away from the stupidity.
ch about it - scientifically. As a result, I won’t be getting it - not will the many brilliant, scientific and medical acquaintances I have. To each his/her own. It’s your decision - but my associates know it is far more dangerous than covid-19. Get the facts. Learn the truth. Keep uncovering the few brilliant folks who are speaking out. Or listen to the media... Learn that it is a biochemical gene therapy - that will produce long term health issues.

Reaction Score
Got my first Pfizer today. Heard all your stories about arm pain so I got it in the buttocks. The Walgreens pharmacist thought it was weird when I dropped my pants.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Got my first Pfizer today. Heard all your stories about arm pain so I got it in the buttocks. The Walgreens pharmacist thought it was weird when I dropped my pants.

First time I’ve heard anybody do that. I suspect it won’t fly at a big mass Vax site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom