Covid vaccine appointment hunting thread | The Boneyard

Covid vaccine appointment hunting thread

Reaction Score
I was hoping to start a thread to focus on getting an appointment. I know it has been discussed elsewhere, but the information is scattered throughout different threads.

For those who have already had one or two appointments: How and when (day of the week, time) did you sign up. Which provider?

For those currently on the hunt: What are you trying and what have you learned so far?

Reaction Score
This should help everyone:

Reaction Score
This should help everyone:

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks!

Reaction Score
For anyone living in East Windsor, I saw this on facebook posted 11 hrs. ago by a relative who lives in that town:
"If anyone is having trouble scheduling a COVID Vaccine appointment, Please call East Windsor Social Services at (860) 623-2430. They have appointments available this Friday!"

Reaction Score
Vams seemed to work for my wife. One location had appointments for the following day and other days during the week. Location was in Waterbury and she said it was easy and not busy.

Reaction Score
I used the Hartford Healthcare website. Entered some basic info and it told me they would contact me. After a few days I decided to call them myself. They had all my info and I got an appointment for a day later. Going to the Xfinity Center/The Meadows today... Maybe some tailgating to top it off?? LOL

Reaction Score
I wasn’t able to find anything on the direct sites but called the helpline this morning at 8 and have an appointment for tomorrow at 1. There was no hold time and it took about 20 minutes to register myself and my fiancé.

Reaction Score
I signed up with VAMS. Haven't made an appointment yet. just looking at places with reported availability, it's all the drive thru places. Tried looking at Walgreens (my local pharm) and they don't have anything near me.

Reaction Score
I just got an appointment with Middlesex Health via MyChart. April 14th.

I'm still going to try to get something sooner. I think I am going to start pestering the sites near my house in hopes of scoring an unused dose at the end of the day.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t able to find anything on the direct sites but called the helpline this morning at 8 and have an appointment for tomorrow at 1. There was no hold time and it took about 20 minutes to register myself and my fiancé.
Which number did you call?

Reaction Score
I just called the covid vaccine # and after a 5 minute menu it said "we're only doing call backs, someone will call you back soon", I didn't hang up and then it just transferred me to a live person and I got an appointment scheduled for next week. Super easy, just dont hang up the phone if you hear that message!

Phone # is (877)-918-2224. It's for the Rentschler Field location only, but they have tons of appointments for next week

Reaction Score
Ok get a cup of coffee for this. I registered my daughter on VAMS (she's not computer savvy) a while back when her age group was eligible. They notified me yesterday to schedule her appointment.

This morning I see the email and immediately spring into action. Prior to that I see all stories about CT vaccine appointments filling up fast with 16+ year olds. I go to schedule the appointment in Stratford and they had about 80 slots open for the 28th of this month.

So excited, I click on 10am to schedule, nothing happens. Try another open time, nothing happens. Tried 3 other open times with no success. Not sure if its my browser, internet connectivity or something else.

Well after clicking 8 available times, I go back to schedule and everything is booked. Looked at the State (I'm willing to take her anywhere in the State) and low and behold, no available appointments. What sucked is I had her on the phone while scheduling, but had to drop her to concentrate.

In less than 10 minutes ALL THE APPOINTMENTS WERE FILLED throughout the State!

I called the local health dept (who administers the vaccine) and charmed, cajoled and fast talk to her about my experience. She was either in a good mood or is just a good person, but she worked with me and got her scheduled for next week.

She confirmed the kids or their parents are flooding the system practically in bot mode.

Sure I'm happy, but this experience really highlights the problem the poor and inner city residents have getting vaccinated. Many are without computers, know-how or the tools to get vaccinated.

Nonetheless its not a simple process scheduling appointments. Persistence, patience and tenacity are required. Don't give up or give in.

I posting to attest that the phone is just as effective as the computer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I tried each of the methods repeatedly (i.e., VAMS, phone number, CVS, Walmart and MyChart) and Yale MyChart turned out to work best for me once I figured out to to instantly refresh the availability calendar. Became eligible on 3/19, got my first shot at Yale's West Haven (actually Orange) campus on 3/21 and will be getting my second on 4/11. Very easy and low-stress set-up.

Reaction Score
i got woken up by bros drunkenly singing outside (till the rain got them) at like 1:30am. So I logged into the CVS website and got an appointment for Monday in Westchester (live in Astoria).

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
The number of no shows has to be growing since a lot of people booked multiple appointments through different providers. I am going to bring my son scavenging this weekend.

Went to my local CVS to pick up a prescription and figured I would ask if there was any openings due to cancellations/no shows. They told me if I can stick around for 20 minutes they could do it then. This was around 7:00 last night. Good luck!

Reaction Score
Two weeks ago we registered through VAMS website just after midnight when we became eligible. We received our e-mail that Friday morning. We were able to log in and schedule our appointment for just two days later. We were in Waterbury where they gave us Pfizer (3 week) but they also had Moderna (4 week).

Reaction Score
I tried each of the methods repeatedly (i.e., VAMS, phone number, CVS, Walmart and MyChart) and Yale MyChart turned out to work best for me once I figured out to to instantly refresh the availability calendar. Became eligible on 3/19, got my first shot at Yale's West Haven (actually Orange) campus on 3/21 and will be getting my second on 4/11. Very easy and low-stress set-up.
I used the same 4 portals. Was eligible on a Friday, got my appt on Sunday for my first shot that Tuesday. Went through VAMS.

I feel like when a new group becomes eligible, the first 48 hours is a cluster then smooths out. Also, if you want to give it a whirl, I had a friend who went to Walgreens around 6 pm and the pharmacist said they had extra for that day and gave them a shot right there on the spot.

Reaction Score
Which number did you call?
+18779182224

I’m not sure how effective that will be in the short term. I literally called at 7:59am. My brother tried calling about 2 hours later and said he just got a message to call back tomorrow. A former coworker tried around 9:30 and the last I heard was basically on hold for a few hours.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just got J and J for Sunday at 12:45 pm.
Cool. I hope it's not one of the spoiled doses from the Emergent plant.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
For those trying the CVS website, click on Alabama instead of Connecticut, then put in CT zip codes. Frequently, clicking on CT will return a message that all appointments are taken , but doing it the other way will show openings at some CVS locations.

Reaction Score
For those trying the CVS website, click on Alabama instead of Connecticut, then put in CT zip codes. Frequently, clicking on CT will return a message that all appointments are taken , but doing it the other way will show openings at some CVS locations.
What locations have openings?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom