COVID hits close to home | The Boneyard

COVID hits close to home

Reaction Score
Just found out my cousin died Friday from COVID complications. She was a nurse and tested positive in early Oct. She was negative 26 Oct but weak from the virus so they keep her in the ICU, REST IN PEACE, Nancy, we will keep you in our heart always.

Reaction Score
Just found out my cousin died Friday from COVID complications. She was a nurse and tested positive in early Oct. She was negative 26 Oct but weak from the virus so they keep her in the ICU, REST IN PEACE, Nancy, we will keep you in our heart always.
Your cousin, you and your family are in our prayers. Deepest condolences.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am so sorry for your loss!! You and your family have my deepest sympathy and condolences!! You and your family are in my prayers!!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My family and I loss our love one in March to covid-19. We wasn't able to have a service, nor were we able to see the body before they burned it. Please keep my family lifted in prayers, because this was our grandmother who is 90 child.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm so sorry to hear this. It strikes an especially tender chord to see a health care worker fallen in the line of duty. Bless your cousin Nancy and bless your family.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jmsdawg, sorry to hear about your loss! The virus is nasty, and the outcomes are highly variable.

Some of you may remember that my granddaughter made 1st team All-Conference in soccer in Division III last year. She has been dealing with Covid for 2 months and is expected to be out for at least another month. The season has been shifted from the fall to the spring, but it's unclear as to whether she will be able to play this year--or ever.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My sincere best wishes and condolences to all who have experienced the blight of Covid. It is doubly punishing to those whose loved ones are affected as you cannot visit or console each other. Our granddaughter tested positive this weekend and is experiencing flu like symptoms, and we can only hope she improves rapidly. Stay well and keep others safe too.

Reaction Score
Thank you guys, feeling low and it sure is nice to hear that we still care about each other. GOD BLESS!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What horrible news.
So, so sorry...
It really levels us seniors; goodness, we're trying so hard to stay safe.

A long time mentor, a wonderful Japanese / American educator and his wife were lost early in the New York outbreak. He had survived the California wartime concentration camps and had been an outspoken and articulate advocate for his fellow inmates. But the scourge made quick work of them both.

Be careful all, especially during the holiday season...Even if we're deprived or wisely deprive ourselves, there will be many more...

Reaction Score
Jmsdawg, I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with us here. I pray for all of you who have lost loved ones and those of you who have loved ones still sick.

Reaction Score
Yes, rest in peace Nancy, and rise in glory. Prayers ascending for you, Jmsdawg, and your entire family. From your extended family here on the Boneyard.

Go Dawgs! (except when you play the Huskies)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geez, I’m sorry to hear that.

My next-door neighbor passed the other day from cancer. Not the same, but we weren’t able to say our goodbyes, nor will we be able to attend the graveside service.

2020 sucks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom