Courtney | The Boneyard

Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disturbingly quiet. Anyone heard anything???????
If she doesn't get significant playing time in during conference play it's hard to imagine how she could make an impact this year.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Disturbingly quiet. Anyone heard anything???????
If she doesn't get significant playing time in during conference play it's hard to imagine how she could make an impact this year.
From one of Altavilla's articles in the Courant today this:

"Ekmark Close To Return

UConn freshman Courtney Ekmark says she should be able to resume practice this weekend. She has been out since Nov. 23 with a stress reaction in her right foot.

"Hopefully that will happen as soon as possible," Ekmark said. "I've been told I will likely be able to resume practicing with the guards during the next practice and then the next practice after that move on to half-court drills. So, I hope I will back soon. It's good to be out of the walking boot and at least working out on the court again."

Ekmark said there never was concern that the injury might have led to the consideration of applying for a medical redshirt. …"

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
From one of Altavilla's articles in the Courant today this:

"Ekmark Close To Return

UConn freshman Courtney Ekmark says she should be able to resume practice this weekend. She has been out since Nov. 23 with a stress reaction in her right foot.

"Hopefully that will happen as soon as possible," Ekmark said. "I've been told I will likely be able to resume practicing with the guards during the next practice and then the next practice after that move on to half-court drills. So, I hope I will back soon. It's good to be out of the walking boot and at least working out on the court again."

Ekmark said there never was concern that the injury might have led to the consideration of applying for a medical redshirt. …"
Well that's good news! UCONN has one of the best benches in the nation and an incredible 8 person rotation at the moment. I'd love to see that be 9 legit with CE back in action!

Reaction Score
I for one was happy to see her play today in limited minutes. She's a freshman who got her first basket today and just being on the court after only playing the opener is great.

I focused on how she looked to move well out there rather than looking fluent in the offense, that will come.

I hope her 2015 part of the season she stays on the court :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed. She looked solid out there. Not lost at all. She will never be Moriah athletic, and it's hard to get much of a feel in her 5 minutes or so that was played... But I tried to focus on her and didn't see any signs of confusion or rust. Obviously she's almost 2 months behind everyone else, and I'm not trying to say she's ready to play 30 minutes a game, but it was great seeing her out there and see her looking like she belonged...

Reaction Score
Agreed. She looked solid out there. Not lost at all. She will never be Moriah athletic, and it's hard to get much of a feel in her 5 minutes or so that was played... But I tried to focus on her and didn't see any signs of confusion or rust. Obviously she's almost 2 months behind everyone else, and I'm not trying to say she's ready to play 30 minutes a game, but it was great seeing her out there and see her looking like she belonged...
Not only two months, but the previous full year. That's a long time away from competition. So she has her work cut out for her. She can handle it but it takes some more game experience.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I really think we're going to end up raving about C-Ek's talents before it's all said and done. She just needs to get fully healed AND back into that UConn "groove."

Give 'em heck and Good luck, Courtney!

Reaction Score
Not only two months, but the previous full year. That's a long time away from competition. So she has her work cut out for her. She can handle it but it takes some more game experience.

While she didn't play for her old high school team last year, she did play AAU basketball... on a boys team. The thinking being that it would be more akin to the speed and physicality should would see in college.

Reaction Score
IMO most important thing about Ekmark is what eric had said - "looking like she belonged."

This is why I love blowouts too. Watching the non-starters to see which ones will evolve and at what level they evolve.

A little off=topic but also related to CE and other frosh too -- I can't say enough about MoJeff. I was frustrated with her early - now she "is playin" and while I still love Doris Burke (I disagree with her a lot) her comments last year of MoJeff taking a 3 and a runner in the lane and criticizing MoJeff for that still bugs me because I dig (high expectations) MoJeff a lot.----------------- When she (and the other young players) is open - don't be afraid - stick the jumper or get in the lane and try a floater. You don't get better by being afraid.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just the hair. but when I saw CE out there I found myself thinking of Bam-Bam.

Reaction Score
I like her confidence out there yesterday. The lil flip shot off a nice cut abd pass from Stewie. Got a rebound with great handle ran down the floor tried to go at a defender but got blocked. Seen she was dribbling up the floor and saniya calling for the ball and Courtney just completely ignored her lol. This girl is going to make an impact because she isn't afraid. She's not that athletic but I love her size and Courtney is a legitimate 6'0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom