Courtney Williams Is The Real Thing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Courtney Williams Is The Real Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be fair- they're under pressure to make the playoffs. They don't always have the luxury of developing rookies.

It's "Win Now!".

Have the luxury or the Patience...However I get you.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
To be fair- they're under pressure to make the playoffs. They don't always have the luxury of developing rookies.

It's "Win Now!".

If you take that route, you'd better have a good strategy, but I don't think their trade's have improved their chances this year. Since BG is not having a very good years they now have Bone to help her out, so that is now two players to try to get back to where they were last year with BG alone. It does not look like Phoenix tries to develop rookies either, Courtney averaged 4.2 minutes per game at Phoenix and last year's rookie guard Alex Harden is averaging 7.3 minutes per game this year. They seem to max out their veterans and bench their rookies. This is a team with a talented starting five, which should allow them to develop younger players. Now they are pinning their hopes on Marta Xargay from Spain to be the guard to help them "make the playoffs" this year? Although she has played professionally in Spain for several years, she is virtually a rookie in the WNBA. The Connecticut Sun just became my new favorite team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's baffling that the Mercury haven't picked up where they left off before DT and PT took the year away. It looks to me like Bondello thought that would be the case.

Maybe the competition has gotten better.

Reaction Score
I am retired, so I got to watch plenty of WBB last year. There were two players that really elevated on their jump shots: Diamond DeShields and Courtney Williams.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I read 47 inches in an article right after USF played Maryland so maybe it's not correct.

I do know that Courtney was driving to the basket a lot that game and getting near the hoop but the Maryland girls were too big for her and she was missing a lot.
Another Skywalker is Kambrough-Walker of Maryland. Go to see her play if you can. When she drives she's waist high above everyone elses head. It looks awesome.

BTW-David Thompson had a 48 inch vertical leap.

Football players don't work on vertical leaping like BB players.

The highest recorded by the NBA is also 46 (though some probably had higher but we're not officially measured).

No doubt CW has hops, though.

NBA Draft: DJ Stephens records the highest vertical leap ever measured by the NBA

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's baffling that the Mercury haven't picked up where they left off before DT and PT took the year away. It looks to me like Bondello thought that would be the case.

Maybe the competition has gotten better.

The chemistry was destroyed when DT and PT took the year off. I am not commenting on whether it was right or wrong for them to sit out, but they just couldn't pick up where they left off.

Last night Phoenix had their pants dusted by Indiana and all of the starters, other than Bonner, played less than 25 minutes. I think Phoenix may be cashing it in for the season in hopes of a good draft pick. It wouldn't be the first time. They need a young PG to come in and take over the team and stop all of this silly one-on-one crap that Phoenix is guilty of. There is no team ball being played.

I think Alexis Jones will be the number 1 draft pick in next year's draft.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That was a really dismal display by Phoenix last night - they haven't looked good most of the year and last night it looked like no one wanted to be playing basketball. Not sure what is up with Griner but she seems lethargic most of the time, slow footed and out of sorts. I think they should look at trading Bone to SA in return for Robinson - they get a young PG recovering from an achilles and SA gets a young center that they desperately need.
I wonder if they need to change coaches - Brondello is a really good coach but the players seem zoned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom