Courtney Ekmark update! | The Boneyard

Courtney Ekmark update!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Former UConn player and current Sun Devils' starter Courtney Ekmark is embarking on a new challenge - balancing Division I basketball with law school!

[ASU Coach Charli] Turner Thorne called Ekmark the poster child for what Sun Devil women's basketball is all about.
"To a T, in everything" she said. "In terms of attitude, effort and being the best at everything you do. Not only in law school but on her game, she works really hard to lead by example and be there for others. Two years is going to be too short a time with her."

@SunDevilWBB’s Courtney Ekmark embracing dual challenge of Division I basketball, law school - Arizona State University

Reaction Score
All the best to her. But it's going to be brutal. L1 AND division I basketball? I'm not sure that her contracts professor is going to be nearly as forgiving as her Sociology 101 prof at the undergrad level.

But I'm certainly wishing her every success!!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. Wish her nothing but the best - on and off the court!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I lost track. I thought Courtney was in law school last year. I know Kia and Gabby (her former classmates) just graduated, but I thought Courtney had accelerated academic advancement.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Probably not the first player to do it, but I remember hearing about how challenging it was for Elle Tinkle at Gonzaga juggling playing basketball and getting a degree in nursing, particularly as an upperclassman. Most players aren't doing clinical rotations.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Probably not the first player to do it, but I remember hearing about how challenging it was for Elle Tinkle at Gonzaga juggling playing basketball and getting a degree in nursing, particularly as an upperclassman. Most players aren't doing clinical rotations.
Heather Buck?

Reaction Score
I lost track. I thought Courtney was in law school last year. I know Kia and Gabby (her former classmates) just graduated, but I thought Courtney had accelerated academic advancement.

You are correct. She was in law school last year. Old news.

Reaction Score
All the best to her. But it's going to be brutal. L1 AND division I basketball? I'm not sure that her contracts professor is going to be nearly as forgiving as her Sociology 101 prof at the undergrad level.

But I'm certainly wishing her every success!!!!!
It’s still ASU. I’m sure they’ll take care of her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99