Courant | The Boneyard

Courant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guy's I know we are getting tired of the coaching rants that is going on as I am too, but why does Dez Conor continue to put the blame on the kids and not the coaches? The coaches has to put the players in the best position to execute. Why aren't the coaches getting blamed for the lack of coaching?

"He has no consistent running game behind him and a relatively inconsistent offensive line in front of him, both of which have put immense pressure on Whitmer to do a lot on his own. The Huskies are learning that they have a quarterback who wants to win but is too willing at times to put the ball in harm's way in an effort to make something happen. So some of the blame falls to him."

Reaction Score
Passing more on first downs might help put less pressure on the offensive line.... What a genius DeLeone is. Dez is kissing the staff's rear end.

Reaction Score
It's not just Dez or the Courant - other local media outlets are as well (including SNY). It may be un-popular to poke/call-out the student athletes but the if your best player is on the field and they can't execute, no amount of coaching or dumbing down the schemes can fix that. It's not all positions clearly but we are at an exterme disadvanatge at some positions.

3rbfuj.jpg

Reaction Score
Passing more on first downs might help put less pressure on the offensive line.... What a genius DeLeone is. Dez is kissing the staff's rear end.

That is exactly what i was thinking

Reaction Score
No such thing bad student only bad teacher. Teacher say student do
Mr miyagi

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No such thing bad student only bad teacher. Teacher say student do
Mr miyagi

Run right side...safe. Run left side....safe. Run middle of offensive line....squish like grape! You understand? ;)

Reaction Score
The easiest "fix" to this offense, would be to go to the spread and run some type of simplified west coast offense. With lots of draws and screens. It would not exactly be a "fix" but it would be better suited to the skill sets than trying to power rush between tackles with a small back like LM. He's just small. Guys his height have a lot more muscle on them than he does. LM is a scat back. He can't run through tackles. In space he is fantastic. That's why the spread. Not the total answer, but it would be more geared to our wideouts, Whitmer's ability to throw, and LM's ability to dance in space.
It is the coaching for not adapting to the talent.

Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan (yeah I know) just stated on WTIC that the biggest problem with this team is the guys up front- more so than play-calling, QB or anything else. If they establish the line the we turn the season around because coaches/players all believe this is a championship quality defense,

Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan (yeah I know) just stated on WTIC that the biggest problem with this team is the guys up front- more so than play-calling, QB or anything else. If they establish the line the we turn the season around because coaches/players all believe this is a championship quality defense,

No way is that accurate. No offensive line is going to make running McCombs up the middle 75% of the time effective. Just not happening.

Reaction Score
Guy's I know we are getting tired of the coaching rants that is going on as I am too, but why does Dez Conor continue to put the blame on the kids and not the coaches? The coaches has to put the players in the best position to execute. Why aren't the coaches getting blamed for the lack of coaching?

"He has no consistent running game behind him and a relatively inconsistent offensive line in front of him, both of which have put immense pressure on Whitmer to do a lot on his own. The Huskies are learning that they have a quarterback who wants to win but is too willing at times to put the ball in harm's way in an effort to make something happen. So some of the blame falls to him."

No amount of coaching is going to make up for the fact that there is little talent on the offensive side of the ball...not for an entire game let alone a season.

Reaction Score
No amount of coaching is going to make up for the fact that there is little talent on the offensive side of the ball...not for an entire game let alone a season.

Yeah, wish we had Tulane type talent so we could put at least 12 pts on Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Watched 1 minute of Navy game. Freshman QB. Passes on 1st down, safety bites in, pass to open reciever who almost falls catching the ball for TD. It ain't that hard to figure out how to give your players an advantage vs. disadvantage through play calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom