COURANT SPORTS ALERT: 5 joining Big East - Boise, SD St., Houston, SMU, Central Fla. - | Page 2 | The Boneyard

COURANT SPORTS ALERT: 5 joining Big East - Boise, SD St., Houston, SMU, Central Fla. -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ESPN reporting Navy just working out details and will join for football only.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
has anyone seen how the ginormous hoops conference will work? what is that 18 teams now?
16 still i believe... cuse pitt wvu out... add in houston smu and ucf

Reaction Score
It's great that our mens and womens tennis teams will now get a couple extra trips to Texas each year.

This is the most ridiculous part... Seriously, someone just put the BCS out of its misery before it ruins all of college sports any further...

I said it before and I'll say it again... Look at what is happening to all college sports, and where is the NCAA? Reading text messages sent to them by Yahoo reporters

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So, strictly from a basketball season ticket holder's perspective, we are replacing Syracuse, Pitt and WVU (on this years home schedule) with Central Florida, SMU and Houston.

They better put together a tougher out of conference than the they gave us this year.

Reaction Score
It's great that our mens and womens tennis teams will now get a couple extra trips to Texas each year.
Not that likely. the days of our track team competing against Rutgers are long gone. Nowadays, olympic sports compete mainly in large national or regional "championships" or "invitationals" For a team like tennis, who already is heading to San Deigo this year, a trip to Texas certainly be feasible as an alternative sometime. As far as matches, UCONN plays mostly local competition, Fairfield, Stony Brook. They do play St Johns, Villanova and Georgetown, but those are their only Big East opponents. The BE championship is decided at a 4 day tounament in Florida. Swimming is similar and track & field is even more liley to travel. they never compete in dual meets. Golf went to Hilton Head twice, florida twice and Puerto Rico. So the idea that any of these teams would be "forced" to travel to Texas is just a little silly, no?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I said it before and I'll say it again... Look at what is happening to all college sports, and where is the NCAA? Reading text messages sent to them by Yahoo reporters

The NCAA has zero power in the college football universe. None. They have power over college basketball only because they negotiate the TV contract for the NCAA tournament, for which they keep half the proceeds.

The NCAA is not what most people think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom