Courant says Pendergast | The Boneyard

Courant says Pendergast

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Apparently it was Pendergast who decided NOT to pursue the position full time. i wonder if he'd consider staying on part time, or as an adviser? not sure how that would work. but i'm glad the university is really putting forth the effort to get a fantastic person in the position.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I can see it now. They will get some guy to plug in Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" at first TV time out.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Apparently it was Pendergast who decided NOT to pursue the position full time. i wonder if he'd consider staying on part time, or as an adviser? not sure how that would work. but i'm glad the university is really putting forth the effort to get a fantastic person in the position.

Evidently he is staying on as a fundraiser for athletics and UCONN Health Center.
Glad he is staying, perhaps he will get the new Practice Facility shovels in the ground. He certainly did a nice job helping to secure that last big donation!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can see it now. They will get some guy to plug in Kate Smith singing "God Bless America" at first TV time out.
That would be awesome if they could pull that off.:cool:

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score

Followed by the Lord's Prayer during the last TV time out in the second half.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Apparently it was Pendergast who decided NOT to pursue the position full time.

I'm guessing Herbst wants to go in a different direction and communicated this to Pendergast early on out of respect and appreciation for what he's done during the past few months and to allow him to bow out gracefully.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm guessing Herbst wants to go in a different direction and communicated this to Pendergast early on out of respect and appreciation for what he's done during the past few months and to allow him to bow out gracefully.
maybe, but that's not what the article said...

Interim athletic director Paul Pendergast asked Herbst to take his name out of consideration for the permanent athletic director position and will co-chair the search committee. Pendergast will remain at the university, working with the UConn Foundation, and focusing on fundraising for the UConn Health Center and the Division of Athletics. Pendergast will also manage UConn’s outreach efforts and relations with the business community, alumni, partners, donors and fans.

I suppose it's possible Herbst knew they didn't want Pendergast, communicated that to him privately, so he could make it seem like the decision came from him, but if that were the case, why would he remain on to focus on other things? it sounds to me like he just didn't want the responsibility on a permanent basis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom