Courant Profile of Antwoine Anderson | The Boneyard

Courant Profile of Antwoine Anderson

Reaction Score
Undervalued addition to this team. Love this kids attitude and when you think hard about why, especially with 3 good guards here when he made his decision, you realize he wants to be challenged and prove who he is.

Glad he chose UConn I believe he will have many valuable minutes/games for us.

Reaction Score
We have been burned plenty against div2 or low ranked div1 team players so that talent is definitely out there and I always end up talking to myself saying where were we? Seems like this kid is one of those, can't wait to see him out there.

Reaction Score
I think he'll do really well in a role where he's not the top guard. He needs to be a spark off the bench with timely 3s, mature decision-making, and aggressive defense. Keep the opponents working when Jalen is out of the game, unlike last year when we were a mess without him on the floor. That stability alone could win us 2+ more games than last year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think he'll do really well in a role where he's not the top guard. He needs to be a spark off the bench with timely 3s, mature decision-making, and aggressive defense. Keep the opponents working when Jalen is out of the game, unlike last year when we were a mess without him on the floor. That stability alone could win us 2+ more games than last year.
We could have won five or six more if Jalen didn't suffer the concussion and ankle injuries.

Reaction Score
We could have won five or six more if Jalen didn't suffer the concussion and ankle injuries.

I imagine even without larrier and gilbert, we could have been a 22 win team. Says alot about jalens abilities. Kid was blitzed on every play last year and still averaged 15/5/6. He has the capability to be our top guard ever. Not saying he will... but the tools are there of he works and has the mentality

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I imagine even without larrier and gilbert, we could have been a 22 win team. Says alot about jalens abilities. Kid was blitzed on every play last year and still averaged 15/5/6. He has the capability to be our top guard ever. Not saying he will... but the tools are there of he works and has the mentality
And one decent big on the offensive end who keep opposing defenses honest.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I will say throughout all the local media coverage this off-season, the one thing I have noticed KO has been pushing since coming to UConn from day 1 is that him and his players constantly repeat the phrase "we are here to win a national championship". I think it is good that he is putting title aspirations in his player's minds every day, I think it is a major factor in separating UConn from the rest of the college basketball world and programs outside of the Top 10.

At most lesser programs, even a great place to play, say Marquette, great school but you bet your aaa that none of the players are saying "we are here to hang another banner" every single year before the season starts, because even their fans know its balogna, but here at UConn its a reality because we have seen it so many times before. I think if anything it really does exemplify the "come to UConn to challenge yourself to be the best" notion that Anderson expresses early in this interview and that I recall each of our incoming transfers and de-commit/commits having said something vaguely similar in their interviews.

Reaction Score
Antoine was a really good pickup. Props to the staff for getting the exact right guy for the backcourt and team as a whole. Excellent ball handler that can make plays. Quick, athletic, very shifty with the ball, lefty, great hops, Antoine can score from anywhere. He's older, 22?, and he's hungry to compete at this higher level after playing at Fordham. His mindset is awesome. He prides himself on his toughness and he has to walk the walk. He's all in, he's a team player, been here all summer working, getting ready to play. Uconn is Antoine's platform for playing pro somewhere next year and he's out to prove it. He's going to play as many minutes as Ollie can get him. I am hoping that he plays with confidence right off the get and isn't hesitant looking for his shot because he is not one of the 3 or 4 primary scorers. I think he will compete with Vital for minutes.

Reaction Score
I will say throughout all the local media coverage this off-season, the one thing I have noticed KO has been pushing since coming to UConn from day 1 is that him and his players constantly repeat the phrase "we are here to win a national championship". I think it is good that he is putting title aspirations in his player's minds every day, I think it is a major factor in separating UConn from the rest of the college basketball world and programs outside of the Top 10.

At most lesser programs, even a great place to play, say Marquette, great school but you bet your aaa that none of the players are saying "we are here to hang another banner" every single year before the season starts, because even their fans know its balogna, but here at UConn its a reality because we have seen it so many times before. I think if anything it really does exemplify the "come to UConn to challenge yourself to be the best" notion that Anderson expresses early in this interview and that I recall each of our incoming transfers and de-commit/commits having said something vaguely similar in their interviews.
This is great stuff man. Aim high. You gotta believe you can win it.

Reaction Score
Holy cow. I guess you don't go back too far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom