Courant: No more UConn MBB on SNY? | The Boneyard

Courant: No more UConn MBB on SNY?

Reaction Score
UConn men’s basketball does not appear to be part of the agreement, suggesting that team’s games will air exclusively on Fox properties.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So our games against Iona and CCSU will be on FS2? I don't have an issue with that, but I'm surprised that Fox wants those games.

EDIT: Looks like the Courant amended the quote you posted TCF. They took out the part about games airing exclusively on Fox.

UConn men’s basketball, which has also aired on SNY, is not part of the new agreement.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Fox own the channel the Nets and Yankees are on? They could put games on there. It doesn't matter to me. I watch most my games on mute anyway.

Reaction Score
Are we keeping the money on this deal or does it go to the conference?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Are we keeping the money on this deal or does it go to the conference?

I believe the money goes to Fox. They're the ones with the rights to broadcast the games and they're selling those rights to SNY.

Reaction Score

Fox no longer owns YES. It was part of the assets in the Disney purchase of Fox, but required to be split off by Disney to gain Federal approval for the acquisition. YES was purchased by a combined group featuring the Yankees and Sinclair.

Reaction Score
I believe the money goes to Fox. They're the ones with the rights to broadcast the games and they're selling those rights to SNY.

That just shifts the question. Whether it's Fox or SNY, who is receiving the money for the content. Is it the Big East or UConn? UConn wbb was not part of the Big East deal with Fox when that was negotiated. And we still have not heard of any renegotiation with Fox and the Big East since it was announced we were joining.

Reaction Score
That just shifts the question. Whether it's Fox or SNY, who is receiving the money for the content. Is it the Big East or UConn? UConn wbb was not part of the Big East deal with Fox when that was negotiated. And we still have not heard of any renegotiation with Fox and the Big East since it was announced we were joining.

Fox gets the money but it’s well worth it imo.

Reaction Score
Fox no longer owns YES. It was part of the assets in the Disney purchase of Fox, but required to be split off by Disney to gain Federal approval for the acquisition. YES was purchased by a combined group featuring the Yankees and Sinclair.
You sure about that? I didn’t think Disney took the FOX RSNs.

Reaction Score
Is this still current with YES..re broadcasting Big East basketball?

Additional YES Programming: CenterStage with Michael Kay features intimate sit-down interviews with the biggest names in sports, media and entertainment conducted by YES' Michael Kay in front of a live studio audience; the four-time Emmy-winning Forbes SportsMoney tackles the latest news and trends in sports business. YES also airs live daily simulcasts of ESPN Radio New York's The Michael Kay Show, and televises ACC men's and women's basketball, football and other sports, and Big East men's and women's basketball. In addition, YES airs Manchester City's English Premier League, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League games, along with the club's weekly magazine shows.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Just got a notifcation from You Tube TV. They are not renewing with Fox Regional and YES. I guess it's time to find a new streaming service

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom