Courant Article: Hamilton vows to make this season special | The Boneyard

Courant Article: Hamilton vows to make this season special

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...el-hamilton-practice-0924-20150923-story.html

Great stuff here from Amore. Some highlights:

"We push each other to go [to the gym] way more than last year, because we've got a chip on our shoulder from last year," Hamilton said. "At 10-10:30, 11-11:30 at night, you see people in the gym. A lot of dudes are more hungry, more mature, and we know what's at stake."

"I had too many turnovers last year and that's one of the things I was really locked in on," Hamilton said. "Reggie Jackson helped me with some point guard stuff over the summer. Chase Budinger was showing me how to come down screens. Same thing with Trevor Ariza. Sometimes, I try to come off a side pick and roll too fast and I hit it off my foot. I was just too anxious. They would just stop the whole pickup game and [Jackson] would show me how to come off the pick and roll. I really learned a lot playing with those different dudes over the summer."

"I come in the gym late at night and I see Steve working, and one time I came in and I said, 'You about to leave, Steve? And he said, 'no, I've got to get 500 more shots up.' That's what we need.""

There's definitely unfinished business," he said. "I wanted to come back this year and do something special, win with this group of guys, because everybody on this team is hungry, from fifth-year seniors to people that lost with us in the [AAC] finals last year. We're all hungry."
Is the season here yet!? So pumped!!!

Reaction Score
What i like about that is that its not a bunch of Ra Ra Ra we out to beat the world hype talk. Its we putting in work because we want to be the best team we can be. If that happens we can do some special things. I love this attitude and cant wait for this team to take the floor.

Reaction Score
Steve Enoch with his frame and work ethic is going to be a really good player for us, he's like a baby deer and with time he'll become a buck.
Enoch is barely 18.He could help us this season but after his body matures some he could be a monster at the 4.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...el-hamilton-practice-0924-20150923-story.html

Great stuff here from Amore. Some highlights:

"We push each other to go [to the gym] way more than last year, because we've got a chip on our shoulder from last year," Hamilton said. "At 10-10:30, 11-11:30 at night, you see people in the gym. A lot of dudes are more hungry, more mature, and we know what's at stake."

"I had too many turnovers last year and that's one of the things I was really locked in on," Hamilton said. "Reggie Jackson helped me with some point guard stuff over the summer. Chase Budinger was showing me how to come down screens. Same thing with Trevor Ariza. Sometimes, I try to come off a side pick and roll too fast and I hit it off my foot. I was just too anxious. They would just stop the whole pickup game and [Jackson] would show me how to come off the pick and roll. I really learned a lot playing with those different dudes over the summer."

"I come in the gym late at night and I see Steve working, and one time I came in and I said, 'You about to leave, Steve? And he said, 'no, I've got to get 500 more shots up.' That's what we need.""

There's definitely unfinished business," he said. "I wanted to come back this year and do something special, win with this group of guys, because everybody on this team is hungry, from fifth-year seniors to people that lost with us in the [AAC] finals last year. We're all hungry."
Is the season here yet!? So pumped!!!

Even though that is what kids from every team across the country are saying right now, it still got me stoked for this year. If the team meshes quickly it could be really good.

Reaction Score
I love that Steve is putting in all that extra work, he may surprise alot of us. We all sort of expect Jalen to come in and show us something right away, maybe Steve can do the same? Time will tell.

I like that DHam is working out with and getting advice from NBA guys, and it sounds like he is really listening and taking their advice to heart and really applying it. I'm excited to see how much he has improved.

Reaction Score
500 more shots late at night. Love that - and love DHam understanding where he needs to improve to become "special".

October 3rd is almost here. Nice

and working with NBA guys in the offseason.

I truly hope the rest of the nation is scared, because Jim Calhoun built something amazing in Storrs, but Kevin Ollie really seems like he's forging it into something even more refined. What we have and I hope have for a long time is a band of brothers who want to put in the time to make themselves and each other the best they can possibly be, rather than some prissy prima donnas who want to be showered with kisses from Drake, have their face all over ESPN, and get out of college to start being divas in the NBA

Reaction Score
This season has every making to be amazing, and allow these Huskies stun everyone (no stun here, we all know). I was already excited, this article has me literally jumping out of my seat waiting to watch them play. It just sounds like these guys are all serious about winning and pushing to make that happen at all costs. Our roster is absolutely loaded with potential and depth. Seeing that the extreme work ethic is there is extremely encouraging. These guys sound like they're comfortable; like they're locked, loaded, and ready to make #5 happen.

Reaction Score
lets hope he didn't pick up too many bad habits from that inefficient chucker reggie jackson

Reaction Score
There is a lot to like in this report. First of all Hamilton did not go home like the entitled big shot he could be but analyzed his shortcomings and actively worked on them, seeking out help. Enoch who hasn't played a down for us yet is burning the midnight oil already. He sees what's in front of him and rightly is trying to maximize his chance to get on the floor. Someone needs to sneak in and get some footage.

Reaction Score
He's a true student of the game and COACHABLE. A rare set of characteristics. If the roster gels and sacrifices for the greater good of the team, no doubt this can be a special season

Reaction Score
He's a true student of the game and COACHABLE. A rare set of characteristics. If the roster gels and sacrifices for the greater good of the team, no doubt this can be a special season
His coachabilty and toughness/swagger are his best characteristics by far IMO . Not sure he develops that toughness at the d1 level under steve alford I'll tell you that .

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Great work by Dom Amore on this1. The quotes and insight were excellent in my opinion.

Agreed. If you're going to rag on him when he provides crappy (sometimes non-existent) coverage (I know I certainly have) then you need to compliment when he finally puts out a good piece. This was a great read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom