Courant: ACC Would Be UConn's Best Bet | The Boneyard

Courant: ACC Would Be UConn's Best Bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Water is wet.

Looking for an original thought from the Hartford Courant. Instead we get "I am really not feeling the Big 10" from Desmond Conner. Stunning journalism.

Reaction Score
Very skewed article. Only mentions keeping rivalries with the Fruit & Pitt and having some athletic history with various ACC Schools. Mentions nothing about the money involved with admittance to the B1G due to access to the Big-10 Network as well as the Academic consortium among all current & former B1G schools. Those dollars mean stability, which is a big trump card in this discussion. It's almost as if the Courant is trying to influance the fanbase southward. FWIW, which teams would you rather see at the Rent on a regular basis & which teams would ensure sellouts such that the Rent would be expanded sooner rather than later? For my money it's a combination of PSU, OSU, Michigan, & MSU rather than Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, & Geogia Tech.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter which teams any of us would want to see. The ACC is the only option and it may not even be an option. I doubt that the B1G is even remotely an option for us.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Perhaps this is all a reverse-smokescreen, with all the public talk centered on the ACC while the backroom stuff's going on with Delany & Co.

Hope so, but I dunno at all. I just want UConn to have a seat at the table, any way it can happen...

Reaction Score
The other thing that is big for us, is that UConn and Syracuse are basically the kings of MSG. Any conference tournament with UCONN and SU in MSG is not one worth having. Both of our schools bring huge contingents. UConn puts the other feather in the ACC's cap in this area.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Very skewed article. Only mentions keeping rivalries with the Fruit & Pitt and having some athletic history with various ACC Schools. Mentions nothing about the money involved with admittance to the B1G due to access to the Big-10 Network as well as the Academic consortium among all current & former B1G schools. Those dollars mean stability, which is a big trump card in this discussion. It's almost as if the Courant is trying to influance the fanbase southward. FWIW, which teams would you rather see at the Rent on a regular basis & which teams would ensure sellouts such that the Rent would be expanded sooner rather than later? For my money it's a combination of PSU, OSU, Michigan, & MSU rather than Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, & Geogia Tech.

You can call me crazy, but for hoops and football I'd rather be aligned with the ACC. No disrespect to PSU, OSU, Michigan... to me, they are like hot chicks. They would be fun for an occasional fling. To me I'd rather take a notch down on the hotness scale and a better personality fit in marrying the ACC.

And don't forget, there's a lot of money to be made (ie stability) in a reconstituted ACC, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom