Couple thoughts on the Tulsa game | The Boneyard

Couple thoughts on the Tulsa game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The line is a pick 'em. Sounds about right but I hope the great Uconn D shows up in the first half too. If so, I expect Uconn to be in control the whole game and win by 7 or 8.

Tulsa fans don't think it will be a sellout becuase of the late start (8:30) local time and it might be a little cold. This I find hard to believe. How is this not a sellout? Have they ever had a team such as Uconn play them in Tulsa?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Only comparable example I could find was when Kansas went there in December of '02. Nothing else.

Reaction Score
The line is a pick 'em. Sounds about right but I hope the great Uconn D shows up in the first half too. If so, I expect Uconn to be in control the whole game and win by 7 or 8.

Tulsa fans don't think it will be a sellout becuase of the late start (8:30) local time and it might be a little cold. This I find hard to believe. How is this not a sellout? Have they ever had a team such as Uconn play them in Tulsa?
Oklahoma was ranked #16 when they played earlier this year, and attendance was 6800 according to ESPN. Not sure what capacity is for their arena.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma was ranked #16 when they played earlier this year, and attendance was 6800 according to ESPN. Not sure what capacity is for their arena.
Capacity is 8355 according to Wikipedia.

Reaction Score

There's been plenty of highly ranked teams play at Reynolds Arena. The first one I can think of are Cal's Memphis teams that were in the top five (I actually think Memphis was #1 one of those years when they played Tulsa at Reynolds) or so when they played there. It's not some bumble hoops backwater, well ok maybe it is, but there's been a fair share of good hoops played there. Oy, this conference is horrible.

Reaction Score
I watched Temple pull away from them, destroying Tulsa's man2man defense. Then Tulsa went into a zone and Temple couldn't find the basket. The Tulsa zone is not Syracuse, there are huge holes in it. I think DHam in the middle would take it apart.

They have quick guards which could cause some trouble for our D. But Brimah will cause problems. If we play well, it won't matter what Tulsa does.

BTW, Jim Calhoun broadcast the Temple/Tulsa game. Nice advance scout for Ollie.

Reaction Score
Capacity is 8355 according to Wikipedia.
So I'd say there's a pretty good chance it won't be a sellout. If you can't sell out against a top 20 in state rival....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom