Counting down the days... | The Boneyard

Counting down the days...

Reaction Score
You can start practice 42 days before your first game, but you can only hold 30 practices in those 42 days. So, Geno isn't losing anything by starting later, he'll have plenty of time to get his 30 practices done. I guess it's just the way he prefers to do it. Others start earlier and build more off days into the 42-day calendar.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You can start practice 42 days before your first game, but you can only hold 30 practices in those 42 days. So, Geno isn't losing anything by starting later, he'll have plenty of time to get his 30 practices done. I guess it's just the way he prefers to do it. Others start earlier and build more off days into the 42-day calendar.
I'd call those off days Recovery Days.

Reaction Score
If we have people still working to up to speed, there's nothing to be gained by starting official practices on day 1. Better to back load the practices a little bit. Besides the kids are doing things on their own. With some leadership, those ad hoc practices could be almost as good as regular, official practices.

Mr. Bone Dog wants time to move a little faster? My experience is that with every passing year time moves quicker and quicker. Shame Einstein isn't around to explain this. Might have something to do with black holes (or age)...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I think my calendar is busted, because if today is October 1, then it's 38 days until Nov 7. But counting is not my favorite thing. Can't time move a little faster?
I had a course in counting theory. Somehow, showing a one-to-one relationship between a set and the integers doesn't help actual counting. But then, after calculus and maybe linear algebra, no course I ever took in a math department was a bit useful. I still enjoyed most of them, but, geez, about as useful as teats on a boar hog.

Reaction Score
That preceded calc and linear. Trig is one of the most useful courses I ever took.
2 semesters of differential equations. Talk about useless in everyday life...

OT (actually all these posts are OT) Funny story. I needed 3 more credits to earn a minor in business. Spring semester I sat down in a class called quantitative methods of management science. Basically, adding, subtracting multiplying and dividing. The professor saw my differential equations book sitting on my desk and said "what the heck are you doing in here". I explained that I needed the 3 credits.

Reaction Score
If we have people still working to up to speed, there's nothing to be gained by starting official practices on day 1. Better to back load the practices a little bit. Besides the kids are doing things on their own. With some leadership, those ad hoc practices could be almost as good as regular, official practices.

Mr. Bone Dog wants time to move a little faster? My experience is that with every passing year time moves quicker and quicker. Shame Einstein isn't around to explain this. Might have something to do with black holes (or age)...
In retrospect the summer went by really fast. But as a fan of UConn women’s basketball it was dreadfully slow. Then the season goes by really fast

Reaction Score
Here's video of an unofficial practice run by Paige, who's mic'd up. It must be pretty recent because her hair is still red. It's great to see Ayanna and Allie and Q and Ash and KK and Ice in on the action. No sign of Sarah or Kaitlyn or Azzi or Caroline or Jana or Morgan or Aubrey. Probably not significant. Most important, Paige is picking up more of the vocal leadership role now Nika's gone.

Reaction Score
Here's video of an unofficial practice run by Paige, who's mic'd up. It must be pretty recent because her hair is still red. It's great to see Ayanna and Allie and Q and Ash and KK and Ice in on the action. No sign of Sarah or Kaitlyn or Azzi or Caroline or Jana or Morgan or Aubrey. Probably not significant. Most important, Paige is picking up more of the vocal leadership role now Nika's gone.

Those arms! No more Olive Oyl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom