Could UConn and Ollie Become This Year's Media Darlings? | The Boneyard

Could UConn and Ollie Become This Year's Media Darlings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's nothing the media loves to do more than bring you down, and then build you back up. They also like to take the underdog, the little guy, and place him on a podium. They do it to Hollywood, to the music industry, and of course, in sports. Most of all, the media loves comeback stories.

I see a lot of potential for UConn and Kevin Ollie to become this year's media darling, which could provide the recruiting boost KO needs to help land top talent in the future.

The team and KO have all the ingredients to become the love interest of the media. All we have to do is win and we'll be the fallen legend who's come back. The team that got screwed in realignment. And KO is the nice guy, full of quips, approachable. He's the polar opposite, personality-wise, of Jim Calhoun.

All we have to do is win, and it will happen.

Reaction Score
Getting a little ahead of ourselves, no?

One thing is true, the press was horrible to Calhoun (though some of it was self-imposed), so they may give KO a little more love.

Reaction Score
There's nothing the media loves to do more than bring you down, and then build you back up. They also like to take the underdog, the little guy, and place him on a podium. They do it to Hollywood, to the music industry, and of course, in sports. Most of all, the media loves comeback stories.

Unfortunately I think it's the opposite, the media likes to build you up first only to break you down

Reaction Score
I can't say I was immune to the desire to be 'popular' in my early years.

Now, it would be great if I could browse the web, magazines, newspapers and see UConn UConn UConn. Additionally, if I thought it would make a difference in Uconn joining a better league, I shouldn't be against it.

But now I say, "Screw Them. I don't want to be part of that crowd." Just as Uconn got to where it did without ever joining the Village, Uconn will find a way without them.

Reaction Score
I say the media, I don't mind being the Bad Boys or similar. At least for a little longer. A sort of tribute on behalf of Coach C.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'd rather see the team and players get positive press than negative press, but what I really care about is that the team wins and does it in a manner that they can be proud about. I am less concerned about the reaction of the public! Other than my fellow Boneyarders that is. I can just celebrate with my family and you idiots and be perfectly satisfied. I don't need the Goodman's or JJ's or any of the thousands of haters to make positive statements to validate my feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom