Could UConn All-Stars Defeat the WNBA All-Stars? | The Boneyard

Could UConn All-Stars Defeat the WNBA All-Stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could the top five on the US Olympic team- Maya, D, Tina, Sue, and Breanna- defeat the other best on that team, a starting line-up of EDD, Britney Griner, Lindsey Whalen, Sylvia Fowles, and Angel McCoughtry?

If you added Moriah and Steff, and let a couple of non-UConn WNBA players join EDD & Team, could UConn prevail?

One more:

Could a USA All-Star team defeat a Rest of the World All-Star Team? Could that team, including Torrens and others, defeat the US team? Of course we can beat the other national teams. But if those non-American all-stars get together, what would happen?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We are so blessed as fans to even be able to have this debate.

Given that Geno uses 4 starters of former UCONN players, on the US National Team, it's possible that they could. I would also add Kiah Stokes, Renee Montgomery and Bria Hartley to make a 10 player team. Match up a team of:

Sue, Dee, Maya, Stewie and Tina with
Moriah, Renee, Bria, Kiah and Stef off the bench against...

Lindsay, Angel, EDD, Catch, Griner with
Fowles, Augustus, Loyd, Sims, Ogwumike

It would be a great game. You'd probably have to add Parker to the non-UCONN team - maybe take out Augustus or Sims. Still, a fun and great game!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One rule: Never pick against Maya Moore. It's not smart. As talented as the other players are, no one is more clutch than Diana, Sue, and Maya. And Tina and Brit are not exactly slouches.

Reaction Score
One rule: Never pick against Maya Moore. It's not smart. As talented as the other players are, no one is more clutch than Diana, Sue, and Maya. And Tina and Brit are not exactly slouches.

Was also thinking whether a non-US all-star team could beat the UConn women. In the men's game, I'd be willing to bet that an international all-star team could really take the Americans a long way in a game.

Could a UConn team beat the rest of the world?

Reaction Score
What would be the starting five and bench of an International All-Star team?

I'm thinking:

Penny Taylor (Australia)
Liz Cambage (Australia)
Alba Torrens (Spain)
Damiris Dantas (Brazil)
Anna Cruz (Spain)
Kia Nurse (Canada)?

Who am I missing?

Emma Meeseman (Belgium)
Marta Xargay (Spain)
Erika Souza (Brazil)
Ramu Tokashiki (Japan)

Would that be a team that could compete with Team USA? With Team UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom