Could Sunday be a sell out? | The Boneyard

Could Sunday be a sell out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
According to the Ryan Center's interactive ticket map, there are only 487 seats unsold for Sunday's session. I know it's a smaller venue, but it could be rocking with a full house.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think a sell out is a possibility. That would be a step up from the Bridgeport disaster. Ticketmaster is showing available seats only in the high seats behind the baskets.

OTOH I often wonder how much sites like Ticketmaster are responsible for poor attendance. It seems like Ticketmaster offers crappy seats first which might cause some (like me) to opt for HD and an easy chair.

Does anyone know if they get the whole venue or just blocks of seats like on line airline ticket sites?

Reaction Score
I saw on twitter Penn State students are organizing a bus trip.

Reaction Score
I searched both the Ryan Center website (which uses Ticketmaster) and the Ticketmaster website to find four seats yesterday morning.
When asking for "Best Available" almost simultaneously I was offered completely different seats: both sets in opposite corners in the 300s - one set in Row J and another set in Row K (top row). I bought from the Ticketmaster website because it was actually several dollars cheaper - Ryan Center site added in a "NCAA" fee; both sites added the Ticketmaster fee. Also on Ticketmaster site, I could select the specific seats I wanted after changing to "~show everything".

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What's the chances of just showing up and getting a decent seat?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What's the chances of just showing up and getting a decent seat?

That's what I'm wondering for Tuesday night. My original plan was to buy tickets for both Sunday/Tuesday but I have to work on Sunday. I'm going to be in Boston on Monday so I'm thinking of heading to Kingston for Tuesday night's game if UConn wins. I expect there will be tickets available outside the arena.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
There are ALWAYS tickets available outside the arena!

Reaction Score
Isn't it amazing that when prices are fair, people will buy them...........Bridgeport should never get another game for 5 years

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sell out? Yeah, the Penn State defense will sell out trying to stop Kaleena, which will leave Stef and Kiah wide open for layups. :)

Reaction Score
The tickets I bought from my friendly scalper at Gampel and XL were either face value or five bucks extra. The whole situation confuses my, but I'm a confirmed scalper buyer from now on. If I'm feeling flush, I can get better seats that at the Box Office. If my poke is a little light, I can still get a pretty good seat, and at a better price than the Box Office...I will never go through Ticketbastard again!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Isn't it amazing that when prices are fair, people will buy them...........Bridgeport should never get another game for 5 years

I thought prices were set by the NCAA - am I wrong on that point?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im sure the residents of that area will be asking for a few after the show BStew starts putting on

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think a sell out is a possibility. That would be a step up from the Bridgeport disaster. Ticketmaster is showing available seats only in the high seats behind the baskets.

OTOH I often wonder how much sites like Ticketmaster are responsible for poor attendance. It seems like Ticketmaster offers crappy seats first which might cause some (like me) to opt for HD and an easy chair.

Does anyone know if they get the whole venue or just blocks of seats like on line airline ticket sites?

I think that may be one of the BIGGEST problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34