Could ESPN Go Over the Top? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Could ESPN Go Over the Top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone who subscribes to Sling, or who is considering Sling, may want to keep your eyes peeled for changes in Sling's terms of service. Apparently the company is considering allowing users to simultaneously stream content to multiple devices per single account. Sling TV Emphasizes On-Demand Content with New Interface, May Launch Multiple Streams This Year.

"Sling may add something else that its users have been requesting for some time: the ability to stream programming to multiple devices at the same time. Currently, Sling restricts every account to a single simultaneous stream, in part because its deal with Disney doesn’t allow for multiple streams. But Lynch told Variety that all of the company’s deals with other content partners allow for multiple streams, adding that Sling is now “exploring to do multiple streams" in the future."​

Reaction Score
Rappin'Rodney said:
Anyone who subscribes to Sling, or who is considering Sling, may want to keep your eyes peeled for changes in Sling's terms of service. Apparently the company is considering allowing users to simultaneously stream content to multiple devices per single account. Sling TV Emphasizes On-Demand Content with New Interface, May Launch Multiple Streams This Year. "Sling may add something else that its users have been requesting for some time: the ability to stream programming to multiple devices at the same time. Currently, Sling restricts every account to a single simultaneous stream, in part because its deal with Disney doesn’t allow for multiple streams. But Lynch told Variety that all of the company’s deals with other content partners allow for multiple streams, adding that Sling is now “exploring to do multiple streams" in the future."

Excellent. Just takes time to work out the rights models and business cases.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmmm, I have verizon fios, here is my monthly breakdown:
  • $88 - TV extreme bundle (no premium movie channels, most sports channels except for SNY and a few other regionals)
  • $30 - 25/25 internet
  • $27 - 2 HD STB's, one with DVR
  • $12 - taxes/fees for cable internet
  • $4 - phone with ooma (just taxes/fees, no actual charge)
So $157 for cable and internet. (2 cell phones is about $130 total). How does that compare to non-cord cutters here?
If you call Verizon and threaten to drop them you can knock off @$55/mo. off of that. The Extreme bundle should have both SNY and CBSSN, if I recall correctly. I suspect with a little negotiation you could probably upgrade to a 50/50 stream as well.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If you call Verizon and threaten to drop them you can knock off @$55/mo. off of that. The Extreme bundle should have both SNY and CBSSN, if I recall correctly. I suspect with a little negotiation you could probably upgrade to a 50/50 stream as well.
Thanks for the info. My bundle has CBSSN, FS1, FS2 NBCSN among others all in HD. No SNY at all though. I am close to moving to a new home in a different town, so I don't think I can bargain with them unless they would move my account. If they would let me move my account AND I could bargain down as you are noting, that would be perfect. The good news is I'd get a promo deal for the first two years if I became a new customer.

Reaction Score
I pay a good amount for directv, but I consider it my luxury item. I have mlb and nfl packages (Yanks and ny giants fan living in NC), plus the sports pack. No movies. I make good money and no consumer debt or car payments, only my mortgage and monthly living expenses.

Maybe someday I'll switch to something else, right now I won't. I can definitely see why folks are cutting the cord. I am fairly frugal (cheap) about most things, just can't give up my directv.

CL82

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. My bundle has CBSSN, FS1, FS2 NBCSN among others all in HD. No SNY at all though. I am close to moving to a new home in a different town, so I don't think I can bargain with them unless they would move my account. If they would let me move my account AND I could bargain down as you are noting, that would be perfect. The good news is I'd get a promo deal for the first two years if I became a new customer.
Weird. I have the same bundle but have SNY and BTN. Just under $100/mo. with taxes and fees. Where do you live?

FWIW, they are now offering an upgrade of your bundle for $79/mo 50/50, 1 year premiums free and a $400 gift card. You should be able to get that your new place. My agreement is up in May, so I've started paying attention to what's out there.

Reaction Score
http://www.iptvtalk.org/ <===== for research and info

AVOV TV Online Box, plus Rocket IPTV subscription.

The IPTV channels aren't HD, but still pretty good. Lots of channels and cheap as hell.

Plus, you can load Kodi (XBMC) on the AVOV box for even more stuff.

I saw every Steelers game this year and I'm in Miami. Also got to watch Yes Network for the Yankees.

They just jacked the prices on the Rocket subs, but I bought a bunch (to get bulk pricing) and it worked out to about $19/yr. for each box.

I still keep a basic cable sub (as backup) with my internet.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Weird. I have the same bundle but have SNY and BTN. Just under $100/mo. with taxes and fees. Where do you live?

FWIW, they are now offering an upgrade of your bundle for $79/mo 50/50, 1 year premiums free and a $400 gift card. You should be able to get that your new place. My agreement is up in May, so I've started paying attention to what's out there.
Stoughton MA, just south of Boston. I have BTN, SECN, NFLN, and a bunch of others as well. Just no SNY. I even have some of the FS regional channels in SD.

CL82

Reaction Score
Stoughton MA, just south of Boston. I have BTN, SECN, NFLN, and a bunch of others as well. Just no SNY. I even have some of the FS regional channels in SD.
Ah, I get it now. I'm in North Jersey. SNY is more of a local channel. You probably have NESN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom