Could A-Jax be headed to Boston? | The Boneyard

Could A-Jax be headed to Boston?

Reaction Score
Celtics are rumored to be gettting the 25th pick in the draft. The big trade also sends Smart out of Boston. He could be a great fit for a young team with 3 All-Stars. Wouldn't need to score and could bring some passing, rebound and hopefully defense to a quality NBA team. Would love to see him stay in New England.

Reaction Score
The Celtics front office should all be fired if they traded Marcus Smart because they wanted to draft Andre Jackson at #25. They needed to make a change, and Smart was the most changeable piece since Tatum is their guy and they’re presumably committed to Brown.

If that means that AJax happens to fall to them, great. Despite Smart’s flaws he is a starting caliber player, 15 PPG NBA scorer, and while an overrated defender imo he’s a consistent DPOY candidate. You don’t trade that for a late first rounder

I actually don’t really like Andre in Boston. They play heavy isolation into swinging the ball for threes. I don’t quite see Andre fitting in that offense

Reaction Score
I feel fairly comfortable saying that there is a zero percent chance that this is the case.
Yep, there is absolutely no way they were even thinking of AJax when they made that trade. They’ll probably target shooters in the draft

The more time that passes the more I’d like to see AJax in Denver. Christian Braun and Bruce Brown made a living by just cutting to the hoop and letting Jokic get them the ball. They’re also high energy defenders. Would love to see AJax get a similar role there, especially since Bruce opted out and is probably going to get a big contract somewhere else

Reaction Score
I love the guy but none of us is certain at this point how his game translates to the NBA but we all hope it does.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Denver and Boston are both great fits. He'd be surrounded by shooters in either case.
I don't think he'd see the floor in either case. I love the kid, but until he can shoot & score he's not playing meaningful minutes in NBA games for contending teams. I'd be shocked if Boston takes him at 25. Expect them to go for someone like OMax or the kid from New Zealand or Clowney if he falls.

In any event wish Andre, Jordan and Adama all the best. Looking forward to the NBA draft way more than usual with those guys and with Boston having 25.

Reaction Score
I don't think he'd see the floor in either case. I love the kid, but until he can shoot & score he's not playing meaningful minutes in NBA games for contending teams. I'd be shocked if Boston takes him at 25. Expect them to go for someone like OMax or the kid from New Zealand or Clowney if he falls.

In any event wish Andre, Jordan and Adama all the best. Looking forward to the NBA draft way more than usual with those guys and with Boston having 25.
Bruce Brown can’t really shoot (he’s become better) and was incredibly important for Denver. Not saying AJ can get in that role immediately, but that’s a fair comp for sure.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I didn't say meaningful minutes right away. (For most teams drafting in the first round (especially towards the end), you're not expecting huge contributions right away -- Denver is looking for at least 1 guy who can chip in, but they've got 3 picks between 29 & 37.) I do think both teams are good fits for a guy whose greatest weakness is shooting.

I really, really hope they don't take Rupert.

I too am really looking forward to tonight!

Reaction Score
The Celtics front office should all be fired if they traded Marcus Smart because they wanted to draft Andre Jackson at #25. They needed to make a change, and Smart was the most changeable piece since Tatum is their guy and they’re presumably committed to Brown.

If that means that AJax happens to fall to them, great. Despite Smart’s flaws he is a starting caliber player, 15 PPG NBA scorer, and while an overrated defender imo he’s a consistent DPOY candidate. You don’t trade that for a late first rounder

I actually don’t really like Andre in Boston. They play heavy isolation into swinging the ball for threes. I don’t quite see Andre fitting in that offense
I see Andre fitting in really well with the Warriors, especially with Draymond leaving.

Reaction Score
Kawhi also couldn’t shoot in college, just throwing that out there.

Apples to oranges. When people say Kawhi couldn't shoot in college it means something completely different. Just watch his highlights. How many times did Andre pull up for a midrange jumper in his college career? Zero.

Reaction Score
Andre is a championship chemistry guy. Whoever drafts him has a gem. Defensive stopper doesn't come down the road every day.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I see Andre fitting in really well with the Warriors, especially with Draymond leaving.
Draymond isn't leaving, but Jordan Poole is, and Chris Paul is coming in for a year. Golden State looks to be repositioning itself for the new collective bargaining agreement. I would not be surprised if Hawkins or Andre end up in Baghdad by the Bay. (Imagine having Steph Curry as you shooting instructor.)

Reaction Score
Didn't say Smart was traded for th chance to pick up Jackson. It was the All-Star center that they received that facilitated the trade, but they did move back into the latter part of the first round. I just thought it was fun to think about where A-Jax ends up.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Boston trading 25 down to 31 is actually really promising. We shall see. I’d be so hype to see him in Boston.
I think they wanted OMax. He went at 24 so they traded down. OMax was an absolutely ideal fit.

Reaction Score
Could smith to charlotte be the end for Bouknight there? Just a thought. He was the 1# player in his class and probably has a huge chip now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Apparently they are trading the pick again.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Could smith to charlotte be the end for Bouknight there? Just a thought. He was the 1# player in his class and probably has a huge chip now.
Bouknight is a huge liability at this point.

Reaction Score
Celtics worked out Jackson at 35, got intel he wasn't going before then, and kept trading back until they got back to that range.

Reaction Score
Celtics worked out Jackson at 35, got intel he wasn't going before then, and kept trading back until they got back to that range.
Hope you're right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom