Correct me if I'm Wrong.... | The Boneyard

Correct me if I'm Wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
..but assuming the Big XII stays together, does that not leave them with 9 teams? As a result, are they not going to have to expand to 12 just to maintain their conference championship game/keep up with the Jones's. And it doesn't it stand to reason that at least two if not all three of those teams will be from the BE (WVU, Ville, Cinci, TCU)?

I actually think the next week could end up getting pretty rocky for everyone, especially if the Big XII schools start getting along and look for their own symbolic expansion. Plus, my suspicion is the SEC will ultimately grab a BE team to go to 14 (Maybe Ville).

Would it be unreasonable to think that maybe Pres. Herbst should be in the phone with the Big XII pitching the virtues of having Big XII football in the Big East? The travel would be hideous I realize, but if we came over in a package deal with WVU and Cincy, it might make things a bit easier to swallow. And while I realize that the Big XII might ultimately not be that stable, you can't tell me it would be any worse than the 12/20 split some people have talked about in recent posts - esp if WVU and Ville end up going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
They don't have a conference (stupid auto correct)championship game now with 10 teams.
When aTm and If/when Mizzou leave, they go to 8 teams.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Big 12 already got rid of the championship game starting with this year.

If Mizzou & A&M leave, they're down to 8 teams. If they go after two, to get back to 10, they'll probably go after Louisville & West Virginia.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 already got rid of the championship game starting with this year.

If Mizzou & A&M leave, they're down to 8 teams. If they go after two, to get back to 10, they'll probably go after Louisville & West Virginia.
Which would finally put this clusterf^&% of a league to bed for once and for all. Right now the Big East has both feet on banana peels. Pitt and Cuse to the ACC has the stench of the unprincipled Gene Di all over it. He was desperate for some rivals (can't sell tickets) Syracuse is in a desperate situation in Central New York, and BCU didn't want to deal with us so he also added Pitt. I'm sure they are overjoyed with this move in Tallahassee, Clemson and Atlanta. Probably pushes Florida State and Clemson one step closer out the door, $20 mil. exit fee be damned.
The Big East's dog and pony show last night really doesn't mean much.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm somewhat surprised by all the hate for the BEAST.

It's been an amazing conference, and provided us with an opportunity to become national players

a lot of people are either very young (which isn't a bad thing) or have short memories

DO WE HAVE BETTER OPTIONS? none that I have seen just yet

we better be committed to making this thing work unless somebody knows something they want to share

Reaction Score
The doomsday scenario (Big East loses TCU, Louisville and WVU) is probably a 2-1 favorite right now among all other scenarios.

Reaction Score
The doomsday scenario (Big East loses TCU, Louisville and WVU) is probably a 2-1 favorite right now among all other scenarios.
Jake_Trotter (Covers OU football for ESPN.com): "Prediction for the 3 schools that will be added to Big 12: Louisville, West Virginia and TCU. Not a bad football league."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the Big12 still has it's own issues

TX & OK are looking to reach a 5 year deal, that's not exactly long term and we don't even know that they'll be able to do that

Neb & AM didn't bolt because they were happy with the finances. TX has to give up a lot which it hasn't been willing to do to date

Reaction Score
Jake_Trotter (Covers OU football for ESPN.com): "Prediction for the 3 schools that will be added to Big 12: Louisville, West Virginia and TCU. Not a bad football league."

Realizing this is out of left field and pretty undesirable all around but what if:

1. BE loses those three schools to the Big 12
2. ACC and B1G don't coming calling for UConn
3. Conference USA and the MWC merge into a superconference that gains an AQ big

Do we then lobby to get into the Conference USA - MWC merger? Obviously we bring stature to the league and get to play in a potential AQ conference after the BE is relegated to SunBelt status.

This just turns my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99