Coronavirus sports impact | The Boneyard

Coronavirus sports impact

Reaction Score
So Rudy Gobert did this and now he's sick and they have delayed the Jazz Thunder game. No fans at ACC, Big 12, Big 10, AAC games starting tomorrow, no fans at NCAA tournament. Warriors will play with no fans going forward and NBA is about to go without fans. This is going to be an incredibly strange tournament if it's actually played

Rudy Gobert touches reporters' mics, out for Jazz-Nuggets game (illness)

Reaction Score
Things are changing rapidly, so who the heck knows, but I highly doubt the AAC tournament goes past round 1. And I don't think Selection Sunday even happens this year.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not sure it makes any sense to play the conference tournaments at all now. Since it looks very doubtful now that the NCAA gets played, let’s end competitions sooner than later.

Reaction Score
If one player gets sick , there canceling everything.
And someone will test positive in the next 12 hours. There are tens of thousands of people on division 1 teams, between players and staff.

Reaction Score
Let’s be real, NBA cancelled games cuz playing without fans means zero ticket revenue. Suspending the season and starting back up in a couple months means they still recoup some loses.

Reaction Score
oh I am sure they will. The players are more likely to get sick at school in the dorms then on the road.

Well a lot of the schools are sending kids home from the dorms.

Reaction Score
Let’s be real, NBA cancelled games cuz playing without fans means zero ticket revenue. Suspending the season and starting back up in a couple months means they still recoup some loses.
What about the TV deals.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Things are changing rapidly, so who the heck knows, but I highly doubt the AAC tournament goes past round 1. And I don't think Selection Sunday even happens this year.
Get 20th win, close out the season with a victory, finish classes online?

Reaction Score
So Hoiberg had regular influenza (the flu, not the common cold as incorrectly stated here). That's a bit of a relief, as it was incredibly irresponsible to let him continue to coach. Good to keep in mind that everyone saying how COVID-19 is just like the flu have to remember that not only is it worse, but it's IN ADDITION. Regular flu hasn't gone anywhere. The hospitalizations that will threaten our system are additive.

Still don't think it looks good for the tournament, but we'll see.

Reaction Score
If Gobert, or any NBA player for that matter, has the Coronavirus, then there is no way that nobody in the NCAAT has it. And even if they dont, there is definately no way they havent came into contact with someone that does (which you have to self quarantine for 14 days.) I cant see the tourney happening, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
That’s awesome. Let’s hope many others are paying attention.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Pity the poor bookies....nothing left.to bet on.

Might have to play the stock.market.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom