2022 Recruiting: - Corey has been going berserk | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey has been going berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was afraid to open this thread. I thought I was going to see Zach Brown level craziness. Thank goodness not.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Randy needs to see if this kid has an interest in hitting people for fun a few games a year.

snow grunge GIF

Last edited:
Reaction Score
18,000 likes from 8,000 posts means you don't need to attempt like this.
Huh? Are you saying I posted that to get likes? No, I was seriously expecting something weird. Why do you think you know what I was thinking?

Reaction Score
Corey has the type of attitude we need, dude seems to be FEARLESS. We need his type of assertiveness.

Reaction Score
Without knowing too much about his game, it's very exciting thinking about a combo guard at 6'4 190 before he even starts his senior year of HS.

It's not out of the question he can start the 22-23 season similarly sized to David Duke (6'5 205) and that type of positional versatility is awesome.

Reaction Score
In his case.. Rankings don't mean squat. By the time he walks on campus his numbers should be in the same range as this year's incoming class . DH knows what he has in this guy and he's a player.

What really matters is getting his early commitment and having him be the cornerstone recruit for the 2022 class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Two smaller things I love about Floyd:
1. He’s got great awareness of who’s matched up with him on defense. Put a big on him and he puts him on skates going to the rim. Match up a smaller guard on him and he takes him to the low block and feeds him to the wood chipper. Smart player
2. The TMNTesque headband. Looks amazing. Hope he rotates red/blue/white headbands next year, maybe we take up a collection to buy a few for him (hi ncaa)

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Has anyone on the board seen him play live? If so, what would you list as deficiencies/areas to improve? Seems to be a dog on the court, but he hasn’t received any bump. Strange.

Reaction Score
Has anyone on the board seen him play live? If so, what would you list as deficiencies/areas to improve? Seems to be a dog on the court, but he hasn’t received any bump. Strange.

His handle is not good. He has PG size with a SF handle. Not a great passer. He might be listed at 6'2 here. Shooting wasn't very good a year ago, but he seems to have improved that quite a bit--I would imagine if he keeps shooting it well he'll get a rankings bump.

The good news is that He is super tough, defends well up top. Versatile. Very good athlete, long. Generally plays within himself and makes the right play. Been playing a high level of competition for 3 years now so we have a really good read on his capabilities. He's like Brendan Adams but can score it at a higher level.

Reaction Score
His handle is not good. He has PG size with a SF handle. Not a great passer. He might be listed at 6'2 here. Shooting wasn't very good a year ago, but he seems to have improved that quite a bit--I would imagine if he keeps shooting it well he'll get a rankings bump.

The good news is that He is super tough, defends well up top. Versatile. Very good athlete, long. Generally plays within himself and makes the right play. Been playing a high level of competition for 3 years now so we have a really good read on his capabilities. He's like Brendan Adams but can score it at a higher level.
Floyd has always struck me as a guy who may be a Marcus Smart type of player. High energy, plus-defender, solid but streaky shooter and built like a running back with length.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Somehow, the presumed video link show up as blank space for me, but I appreciate the two positive-realistic posts above. I hope to read about and see steady growth and development.

Reaction Score
Has been noted before on the Yard- A "bump" in ratings for him has been hampered by a Covid-influenced AAU schedule (last year) and a Covid abbreviated HS schedule for his junior year. This summer's AAU schedule-however it shakes out- and his senior year in HS should have a positive impact on rankings as his game continues to develop.

Do rankings matter? Debatable.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Has been noted before on the Yard- A "bump" in ratings for him has been hampered by a Covid-influenced AAU schedule (last year) and a Covid abbreviated HS schedule for his junior year. This summer's AAU schedule-however it shakes out- and his senior year in HS should have a positive impact on rankings as his game continues to develop.

Do rankings matter? Debatable.
They do. Pro squads will take a shot on a kid who was highly ranked out of high school but underachieved in college. BJ Boston for example.

Reaction Score
They do. Pro squads will take a shot on a kid who was highly ranked out of high school but underachieved in college. BJ Boston for example.

They don't "take a shot" on a kid because of his ranking in high school. NBA teams are marginally more sophisticated in the way they approach it than your average message board poster.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They don't "take a shot" on a kid because of his ranking in high school. NBA teams are marginally more sophisticated in the way they approach it than your average message board poster.
I don’t know pretty sure I saw Jake weingartens Twitter feed up in a lot of draft war rooms

Reaction Score
A big kid and still growing. He's still young.

By the time he comes here, he may have a chance to be 6'6" 210/220? Lets go!

Reaction Score
Yes but honestly if you look at Danny Ainge he definitely likes the former top prospects who can’t shoot (at time of draft). Young, Brown, Smart, Langford and it feels like I’m missing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom