Corey Floyd on the Circuit | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd on the Circuit

Reaction Score
3 possibilities imo

1) This is BS

2) If Cole is really coming back, then the exact same guys will be here in fall 2022 anyways. If he doesn't envision himself as a 4-year player, then it would make sense. Get some game reps (just maybe not as much as he would fall 2022), practice against top-notch players, etc.

3) We're planning on giving him the Richie Springs treatment and redshirting a year while he develops in practice and in the system.

Reaction Score
3 possibilities imo

1) This is BS

2) If Cole is really coming back, then the exact same guys will be here in fall 2022 anyways. If he doesn't envision himself as a 4-year player, then it would make sense. Get some game reps (just maybe not as much as he would fall 2022), practice against top-notch players, etc.

3) We're planning on giving him the Richie Springs treatment and redshirting a year while he develops in practice and in the system.
If this happens I wouldn’t expect him to redshirt (or be a major contributor) because I think he can be a solid to impactful defender next season in limited minutes.
Springs as we know wasn’t ready to contribute when he came.

Reaction Score
If he doesn't envision himself as a 4-year player, then it would make sense. Get some game reps (just maybe not as much as he would fall 2022), practice against top-notch players, etc.
Definitely echo this. It doesn't really make sense to come early for very limited playing time unless both he and staff think he's got a shot to go to the NBA early.

Reaction Score
Don't know if the recent news that UConn has officially satisfied the probation period with NCAA and would then open up a spot that would make it more attractive for the University from a fiscal perspective or not.

Can't imagine not wanting Corey sooner rather than later ( if doable) by all parties and his academics are in order. His game is ready.

Been a lot of public (mis) information out there that he was definitely returning to HS for another year.

Interesting times we live in..

Reaction Score
We still need guards that can dribble and get their own shot since whiffing in the transfer portal. Why not come now? Who scares you on the roster at guard??

-Cole is what he is: really limited athletically but a strong good catch and shoot guy.
-Hawkins and Diggins are potential at this point - while I'm super high on them, they will still be here in a year;
-Gaffney has upside but has played really tentative much of his two years.

Not many top 25 programs are as open at guard as we are from a proven perspective. Hope it works out! Floyd is UConn-tough!!

Reaction Score
Dauster's not a nobody. He's been covering college basketball for over a decade.

He's a bit of a dingus, but this isn't a random blogboy (although Dauster did start that way and is now a random podcastboy).

But this didn't come out of thin air, despite whatever that Uncle is saying.

Reaction Score
cbc no GIF by Kim's Convenience

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I just don't see it making sense for Corey to come this year other than doing a red-shirt year where he's practicing vs college dudes(instead of HS dudes) and utilizing the SnC Program at UConn while he gets his groove together with college life and academics.

DH is always loyal to his incumbent guys and his new freshman re: PT. IMO..That's why he didn't get crazy because he didn't "score" in transfer portal.. He'walks the walk with his recruits.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seems so weird that 2 different well known basketball reporters mistakenly wrote that. Not implying anything, but it’s just odd that it’s happened twice

I wouldn't assume two different reporters both heard the information. More like a friend of a friend type scenario where on person reports based on info from a source and then a second reporter reports they heard from a source.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
3 possibilities imo

1) This is BS

I don’t think there’s any question it’s better off him coming here.

Gets to play against good players. Get used to college life.

And the team has the room due to the Covid exception.

Seems like a win-win scenario

Reaction Score
There’s only so much playing time at guard and there can be problems with Hurley trying to integrate all of them and keep them happy at the same time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom