2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr To UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr To UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
CF clearly has a great BB skill set and has that two way toughness that DH likes..

Based on the interviews/videos that have surfaced on the BY.. I'm more impressed with his maturity and mindset.. Really seems to have his head on straight.. Has that quiet confidence about him that suggests he can overcome any hurdles thrown in front of him.. And he's only 17!

I see that as being a product of great parenting and strong coaching/role models.. Could easily see him evolving as a leader in the future in Storrs..

Excellent evaluation by DH/staff strictly from a character perspective.. Fantastic personnel acquisition for the Organization (as DH frequently calls the Program)..

The only 17 part is great. About right for a HS junior but it's good to know his body still has about 18-24 months to grow fully.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Could he be a similar college player to ducks his head Rodney Purvis?

And before you kill me, I think Rodney is the type of 2nd scoring option this team could use. Rodney under Hurley excites me more than the Rodney we knew under ollie
.......................Not touching this

Reaction Score

Gave me the chills.

I always wondered if the announcement date is tied to the completion date of the announcement video production, unless of course it was filmed the same day.

Reaction Score
Just hopin' he isn't Kelvin Torbert from Mich St or Paul Harris from SUcks.

I do worry about highly ranked man child shooting guards or combo guards. They have a tendency to peak early and not develop skills needed to succeed at next level.
For the NBA you’re right. But. In college man child guards usually do really well. Wasn’t Paul Harris a very good college player?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I always wondered if the announcement date is tied to the completion date of the announcement video production, unless of course it was filmed the same day.

I may be wrong but I believe 12/14/20 was the day his Grandmother passed away. That's why the emoji of a Dove.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They have a tendency to peak early and not develop skills needed to succeed at next level.
I understand totally, in this case I like that he's good shooter and can finish with both hands. That says skills he can keep refining. Marcus Smart is always more effective when his shot is falling.

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard Corey!

Great fit, creates a solid backcourt and depth in 2022. He's getting better all the time and almost 2 more years before he steps on the court, already a ready physical kid this is very good news. Keep the wave going DH/staff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I understand totally, in this case I like that he's good shooter and can finish with both hands. That says skills he can keep refining. Marcus Smart is always more effective when his shot is falling.

Generally speaking most guards and wings are more effective if their jump shot is falling, no?

Reaction Score
This kid looks physically ready now even though a sophomore.

Reminds me a little of Dyson.

Reaction Score
This kid looks like he's gonna be a monster for us. He looks like he could be our 6th man right now.

Reaction Score
So this is what i have heard
Does many things well. Nothing out of this world (absolutely rounded player)
Does not take plays off
Plays hard D
Always surrounded himself with other players that will challenge him in pratice
Last one to leave the gym
And hits the weightroom like a beast

Reaction Score
The only 17 part is great. About right for a HS junior but it's good to know his body still has about 18-24 months to grow fully.
IIRC.. NJHoops mentioned in a post that Roselle has a S+C Program.. Fair to say .. not on the level of Coach Mike's.. Nevertheless and as you mentioned.. The combination of his body naturally growing for the next 18-24 months and the S+C Program at Roselle should bring him on campus with an impressive and college-ready body for BE play..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
IIRC.. NJHoops mentioned in a post that Roselle has a S+C Program.. Fair to say .. not on the level of Coach Mike's.. Nevertheless and as you mentioned.. The combination of his body naturally growing for the next 18-24 months and the S+C Program at Roselle should bring him on campus with an impressive and college-ready body for BE play..

College ready? maybe. BE ready? Probably not. But he should be better prepared than most.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Already an awesome get, and only likely to improve with another year. 5* as a senior maybe?

Great Job again.

Reaction Score
All right, knowing nothing about this kid beyond his "baseball card" numbers, it seems like at the very least he'll be a capable replacement for Brendan Adams, playing alongside Diggins, Hawkins, and possibly Jackson.

What's a reasonable comp for his game?

Reaction Score

Their SnC program is probably better than 95% of D1 basketball teams. They're one of the best HS teams in the country year in and year out.

Reaction Score
Their SnC program is probably better than 95% of D1 basketball teams. They're one of the best HS teams in the country year in and year out.
Understand their stature on the national HS scene.. Just was not aware of the SnC program until recently

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All right, knowing nothing about this kid beyond his "baseball card" numbers, it seems like at the very least he'll be a capable replacement for Brendan Adams, playing alongside Diggins, Hawkins, and possibly Jackson.

What's a reasonable comp for his game?

I was thinking higher level version of Adams as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom