2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr To UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr To UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could he be a similar college player to ducks his head Rodney Purvis?

And before you kill me, I think Rodney is the type of 2nd scoring option this team could use. Rodney under Hurley excites me more than the Rodney we knew under ollie
Purvis was the 13th ranked recruit in the country. He was a good college player and even played a few games in the NBA but he did seem like one of those players who peaked physically in high school. He was a much higher ranked recruit than Floyd but Purvis seemed a bit held back by his measurables, he had a fairly small wingspan relative to his height and position, 6'4 wingspan and he couldn't really palm the ball. Floyd has a 6'9 wingspan and large hands. I would gladly take Floyd being Purvis though, that's a very good player.

Reaction Score
Purvis was the 13th ranked recruit in the country. He was a good college college player and even played a few games in the NBA but he did seem like one of those players who peaked physically in high school. He was a much higher ranked recruit that Floyd but Purvis seemed a bit held back by his measurables, he had a fairly small wingspan relative to his height and position, 6'4 wingspan and he couldn't really palm the ball. Floyd has a 6'9 wingspan and large hands. I would gladly take Floyd being Purvis though, that's a very good player.

Purvis took a lot of heat on here (fairly at times), and gets made fun of some for the out of bounds thing, but the reality is he was a very solid college ballplayer. Averaged around 13/3/2 during his 3 years here on decent %s. I'd be stoked if we got that production from CF Jr.

Reaction Score
Purvis took a lot of heat on here, and gets made fun of some for the out of bounds thing, but the reality is he was a very solid college ballplayer. Averaged around 13/3/2 during his 3 years here on decent %s. I'd be stoked if we got that production from CF Jr.

Purvis was a good player, a solid three year starter and double figure scorer. He just didn't live up to the hype that followed him here, either as to his recruiting ranking or the Ferrari comment.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
“I will be committing to the University of Connecticut. Overall UConn was just the best fit for me on and off the court,” Floyd said. “They play a lot through their guards and there have been a number of successful guards to come out of that program and I’m just looking to fill those shoes.”

Guard-U baby!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Purvis was a good player, a solid three year starter and double figure scorer.
Yeah, but he was also a big proponent of getting the rebound, dribbling down court and jacking up a bomb without giving the other 4 a look. I don't miss those days.

Reaction Score
Could he be a similar college player to ducks his head Rodney Purvis?

And before you kill me, I think Rodney is the type of 2nd scoring option this team could use. Rodney under Hurley excites me more than the Rodney we knew under ollie
Rodney’s wingspan was no where near 6’9. His short arms where part of the reason he struggled to finish around the rim . Hopefully with Floyd’s length he will be much more effective .

Reaction Score
Or reclass
i'd be surprised to see a SG reclass in order to backup hawkins his first 2 years and then have Floyd breathing down his neck for the next 2 years, if Floyd isn't starting by the time he's a junior that is. think we have a better shot at a reclass W/SF since martin will be a senior next year and AJ has pro aspirations too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Good interview, enjoy Fink on these. For all the BA comparisons made, he discussed him as seeming similar to Jared Terrell. Would really welcome a player in that mold here

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Purvis was the 13th ranked recruit in the country. He was a good college player and even played a few games in the NBA but he did seem like one of those players who peaked physically in high school. He was a much higher ranked recruit than Floyd but Purvis seemed a bit held back by his measurables, he had a fairly small wingspan relative to his height and position, 6'4 wingspan and he couldn't really palm the ball. Floyd has a 6'9 wingspan and large hands. I would gladly take Floyd being Purvis though, that's a very good player.
We heard about the Ferrari in the garage, but really more of a Chevy Camaro. Still a pretty nice ride at times, but no mistaking it for a Ferrari.

Reaction Score
if we’re comparing floyd jr to rodney purvis

yo, purvis was a baller, he really is nba caliber like dham. don’t sleep on the g-league

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Best interview yet. Knows his UConn history. He was sitting baseline at the Kemba Walker Pitt game. Says that he’s been talking with Justice and Donovan. Is building a relationship with Donovan but has always had a close relationship with Justice. He literally makes a pitch to them to come to UConn at the end.

C

Chief00

Great Hurley is on Roll! Welcome aboard C. Floyd!!!!
A Dam Break roll! Floyd is a very intelligent and thoughtful kid. He’s a student of the game and it’s traditions and Chief loves that type. Interesting his dad went to PC and he ends up in Storrs. Sorry, Chief had to get that jab in.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

You crushed me many months back for suggesting we might be in this situation. But here we are..

The Carpenter has got your back..
Thanks for your faith and belief in the dam break.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Purv so much better than we saw at times, unfortunately. Imagine him under Hurley
Sorry, I can't do that. I too busy wondering what CV would have done with one more year under Hurley. Put CV on this team and we could definitely dream of Elite Eight.

Reaction Score
we have 2 openings and he’s recruiting JW & DC... I mean, that makes me feel pretty good. He wasn’t listing like 5-10 names. Prioritization is key, “you’re our guys. Let’s get it done and win a natty”

Reaction Score
we have 2 openings and he’s recruiting JW & DC... I mean, that makes me feel pretty good. He wasn’t listing like 5-10 names. Prioritization is key, “you’re our guys. Let’s get it done and win a natty”
I'm sure he had a Zoom call with Sool to discuss targets before the interview.. LOL

Reaction Score
Sorry, I can't do that. I too busy wondering what CV would have done with one more year under Hurley. Put CV on this team and we could definitely dream of Elite Eight.
We’d be shooting even higher with CV, his growth was amazing to watch last year

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Rewatching the slam game from a couple months ago. UConn commits pretty much exclusively led the red team to a win. Samson and Corey were unreal.

This Georgetown kid we recruited Jordan Riley is an absolute dog. Sucks that we have to play him twice a year. I feel like this kid may haunt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom