2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr. short highlight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr. short highlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope you're right and I agree I that he could end up being a more well rounded and better player than Rodney. Problem is Purvis was an excellent HS player and a 5 star recruit. I disagree with the poster above that said CF Jr. is more explosive off the bounce - Rodney was incredibly explosive in HS but it seemed to disappear in college for some reason.

After Purvis (and others including Gaffney) I've learned to temper my expectations for players that dunk over everyone in HS. It doesn't always translate to college ball.
Haven't seen enough of CF to comment on his "explosiveness" vs RP. I was referring to other parts of his BB skills. Seems motivated to keep evolving his game.

If he bleeds blue like RP. We'll be good with CF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven't seen enough of CJ to comment on his "explosiveness" vs RP. I was referring to other parts of his BB skills. Seems motivated to keep evolving his game.

If he bleeds blue like RP. We'll be good with CJ.

Yep, sorry, didn't mean to make it seem like you were commenting on his explosiveness. Was trying to respond to you and the previous poster at the same time.

Reaction Score
The diminishing of Purvis's play is on another level man. I've said it before, I'll say it again: if we get Purvis's production in his 3 years here from CFJ we should be more than happy.

12.7 PTS/3.2 REB/2.0 AST on decent 35%+ from 3, and close to 45% from the field is a serious piece on a very good team if he has a better coach sitting on the bench. He was one of the few bright spots on those Ollie teams. Gotta think with Hurley at the helm, Purvis would've elevated his game even more, too.

There's a good chance that CJF will never hit that kind of production, and still be a super important piece of our next top-10 team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The diminishing of Purvis's play is on another level man. I've said it before, I'll say it again: if we get Purvis's production in his 3 years here from CFJ we should be more than happy.

12.7 PTS/3.2 REB/2.0 AST on decent 35%+ from 3, and close to 45% from the field is a serious piece on a very good team if he has a better coach sitting on the bench. He was one of the few bright spots on those Ollie teams. Gotta think with Hurley at the helm, Purvis would've elevated his game even more, too.

There's a good chance that CJF will never hit that kind of production, and still be a super important piece of our next top-10 team.

Purvis had the misfortune of coming in the year after Shabazz left and being called the best player on the court in practice. Expectations were ridiculous, but overall he was a good player for us.

Reaction Score
He just turned 17 and has two HS seasons in front of him to develop other parts of his game. His upside is way higher than Purvis.

My guess is he won't step on the out of bounds line anywhere near as many times as Purvis did.
Purvis legitimately looked like the 2nd coming of D Wade in high school. He was also a good college player and had a couple weeks in the NBA. If he's as good as Purvis we should be very, very happy

Reaction Score
Purvis legitimately looked like the 2nd coming of D Wade in high school. He was also a good college player and had a couple weeks in the NBA. If he's as good as Purvis we should be very, very happy
Still early but based on the eye test. .Predicting better.No disrespect to RP.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Here’s tape of 2021 Seton Hall commit Tyler Powell who has about the same composite rating as Corey....nice jumper but yea...Corey is underrated.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If that does happen and you project out some of our targets, think about the talent we’d have across the board for his Freshman year.

Reaction Score
Will Simeon Wilcher be Danny Hurley's first five star?
Definitely would be his highest ranked recruit, right now #7 in c/o ‘23... but I wouldn’t count out Justice Williams to creep up 5 spots into 5 star territory. One of the ‘22 recruits.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Omg his shot is falling rn! Nice runner on here too.

His shot release looks a little quicker to me, particularly when he’s contested. The little runner/floater has potential to be a great weapon. Looks like a legit potential three-level scorer.

Reaction Score
Highschool highlights reels can be misleading (you don't see the ugly stuff) but it's hard to believe Corey's not ranked in the top 50 or 75 players in his class. Very glad to have his commitment - he picked us over PC, where his father played a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom