2022 Recruiting: - Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Corey Floyd Jr - 1/14 Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Plot twist: he was actually incompetent from the beginning.

This feels like a stretch. He won a national title with a team that was absolutely not the best in the country, and which had one guy who was an NBA rotation guy and that was it, and he beat 5 former national coach of the year winners to get there. That doesn't happen without good coaching.

C

Chief00

Wow - Since the Chief predicted recruiting Dam Break, which all these recruiting wins flow from, we are getting so good at it that we are selling recruits we may lose Gaffney to the pros in a year or 2. Granted he will be a senior in 2 years and I think Gaffney with some confidence can develop into a solid player but a pro in a year? Remarkable.

Reaction Score
Wow - Since the Chief predicted recruiting Dam Break, which all these recruiting wins flow from, we are getting so good at it that we are selling recruits we may lose Gaffney to the pros in a year or 2. Granted he will be a senior in 2 years and I think Gaffney with some confidence can develop into a solid player but a pro in a year? Remarkable.

Gotta have a really sad post to balance out the jubilation.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
No. Just no.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Lol. Zags follows UConn and Hurley too. He knows Gaffney isn’t going pro, he’s shooting like 32% from the floor.

Reaction Score
I saw this in Adam Zagoria’s blog talking about the Floyd commitment:

UConn expects to lose James Bouknight and potentially Jalen Gaffney to the pros in the next year or two, so Floyd will be able to slide in and help take over after them. Floyd and the Lions will play a limited 15-game schedule beginning Jan. 26.

Anyone else find something strange in this paragraph?

C

Chief00

Gotta have a really sad post to balance out the jubilation.
Sorry it’s my off beat sense of humor about recruiting. It wasn’t meant to be sad. I agree Casual Fans should celebrate and have fun!

C

Chief00

T minus 10 minutes before Chief jumps in and says this was part of the Dam Break...
Of course it was - that's what a Dam Break is. The Bouknight signing was big. Of course, Chief had his back early his freshman semester when some dudes turned their backs on him. Kirk/Ricky, Marcus, AJ, Nate Miles etc - the players know they won’t be looking at Chief’s back during tough times. Chief will always be in the trenches fighting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom