Cord Cutter Question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutter Question

Reaction Score
I have the DirectTV app - you can see a lot of games, but not everything.
I was using Sling but had a lot of outages. May have been old Roku, though.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Do you also have access to espn, msg or yes?

All except MSG. I live on Long Island, so not sure how YouTube TV varies by region, but for sports channels I get:

• SNY
  • Yes
  • ESPN
  • ESPN2
  • ESPNU
  • ESPN News
  • FS1
  • FS2
  • NBC SN
  • CBS SN
  • NBA TV
  • MLB Network
  • A few others like Golf and Olympic channel and some college conference networks that i'll probably never watch

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
So lets say you live in the black and don't have SNY or Hulu.. is reddit CBB streams my only hope? I also remember TCF coming in clutch by putting the game replays up relatively soon after the games. Hoping that remains the case this year. His and everyone elses efforts don't go unnoticed to help us casual fans out.

Espn3 website will also have the game replay. Pretty sure you don't need any sort of cable subscription to stream the replay but things may have changed since last season.

Reaction Score
I have PS Vue. Get all NYC sports nets and if I want I can change locations and get Boston sports nets. Very happy.

Reaction Score
Certainly, without malice, wish ya’ll good luck with watching espn3. Last year it was not very good.

Reaction Score
I cosign on YouTube tc
YouTube TV gets my vote. I made the plunge after reading a thread here a couple months ago, and am thrilled with it.
For 40 bucks a month you get access to every channel that broadcasts UConn games (either live or using the cloud DVR service) -- not only on TV but all your mobile devices as well, which is pretty nice.

I lopped off $100 (net savings of $60) from my Fios bill by switching, and I actually like the service better.

Reaction Score
Ugh YouTube tv doesn't have SNY outside of the New York/CT area apparently?

Reaction Score
Ugh YouTube tv doesn't have SNY outside of the New York/CT area apparently?

They do if you spoof your location to a CT city. I'm in Indiana and that is what I am doing. Doesn't work on Apple.

Reaction Score
They do if you spoof your location to a CT city. I'm in Indiana and that is what I am doing. Doesn't work on Apple.

Too complicated for my parents who I suggested do YouTube TV, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
We have Apple tv. Set our location to hartford ct. works fine.

Reaction Score
We have Apple tv. Set our location to hartford ct. works fine.

Oh didn't know that. I was mainly talking about an Iphone, unless jailbroken I believe, cannot be spoofed like an Android can. But good to know, thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom