Coppin' a feel ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Coppin' a feel ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I had to watch this on Replay as I got home later than expected from an early morning fishing trip, and hey, it was Coppin State. Yeah, I know we won big, and there was definitely a bright spot or two, but overall, I was kinda disappointed with our effort.
  2. WTH happened to our shooting percentages?
  3. In order, the good takes from the game were our low TO total, Sanogo's continued dominant play and the play of Gaffney and Akok. Both played well. Might've been Jalen's best game as a Husky.
  4. Dre had a horrid offensive game and had 3 of our 11 turnovers, but 9 boards is 9 boards.
  5. Whaley wasn't Whaley. Playing Whaley outside so much may help Sanogo get open, but damn, it has the feel of Senior year KFree playing the 3. He's too valuable inside to stick him out there as a decoy.
  6. Hey, Tyler... You had ONE JOB to do. Same as always. But zip for six from the field? 0/5 from 3?
  7. Is it me, or is Sanogo getting the short end of the stick from the refs? He goes up with the ball and there are 3 to 5 hands swinging at it, and he never gets hit? 14 of his 20 points came in traffic, and he only got ONE trip to the line yesterday? His blocking foul at the 15 minute mark was an obvious charge. He established position 4 feet away, before the driver left his feet.
  8. The announcers talked about Whaley coming down awkwardly on his left ankle. He may have, but it wasn't his ankle he was grabbing at lying on the floor in pain. Pretty sure his immediate concern was from the heel to the nads he took as he landed.

Reaction Score
Nice writeup as always.

WRT #2, I don't think you can discount the XL Center effect. First game of the year there. I know we do practice there, but the amount of time is small relative to Gampel practice, I would surmise. Not a total excuse, as some shot just fine (Akok, Gaff, Tyrese), but needs to be considered, at least.

When's the last time we had 24 (two dozen!) assists?

I really like the ball movement in our halfcourt sets (looks better than last year, so far). And I like how we're pushing pace on misses.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
  1. I had to watch this on Replay as I got home later than expected from an early morning fishing trip, and hey, it was Coppin State. Yeah, I know we won big, and there was definitely a bright spot or two, but overall, I was kinda disappointed with our effort.
  3. In order, the good takes from the game were our low TO total, Sanogo's continued dominant play and the play of Gaffney and Akok. Both played well. Might've been Jalen's best game as a Husky.
  4. Dre had a horrid offensive game and had 3 of our 11 turnovers, but 9 boards is 9 boards.
  5. Whaley wasn't Whaley. Playing Whaley outside so much may help Sanogo get open, but damn, it has the feel of Senior year KFree playing the 3. He's too valuable inside to stick him out there as a decoy.
  6. Hey, Tyler... You had ONE JOB to do. Same as always. But zip for six from the field? 0/5 from 3?
  7. Is it me, or is Sanogo getting the short end of the stick from the refs? He goes up with the ball and there are 3 to 5 hands swinging at it, and he never gets hit? 14 of his 20 points came in traffic, and he only got ONE trip to the line yesterday? His blocking foul at the 15 minute mark was an obvious charge. He established position 4 feet away, before the driver left his feet.
  8. The announcers talked about Whaley coming down awkwardly on his left ankle. He may have, but it wasn't his ankle he was grabbing at lying on the floor in pain. Pretty sure his immediate concern was from the heel to the nads he took as he landed.
RE #5. Don’t underestimate the role Zay is playing in the high low. He’s dropping a lot of dimes down into Adama on ball reversals.

Reaction Score
#5 and 7, dead on.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you play Whaley down low, it'll only crowd Sanogo even more. This is why everyone and our coach stressed his shooting ability last off season. He needs to adjust.

Reaction Score
We have little to be worried about until we play this tournament and get some real competition.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom