Copied, from Alexrgct What happens when UCONN loses in the semifinals? | The Boneyard

Copied, from Alexrgct What happens when UCONN loses in the semifinals?

Reaction Score
Alex wrote in (I think) January, 2016: "What has followed UConn's six losses in the national semifinals? Well, 1991 was a building block season, whereas 1996 and 2011 only brought more disappointment on top of disappointment in ensuing seasons.

Having said that, I've been thinking about 2001, 2008, and 2012. Those were three devastating defeats that converted those three seasons into ones that got away. But..just think about what followed!

2001- a three-peat, a 70 game winning streak.
2008- a two-peat, a 90--game winning streak
2012- a three-peat, the possibility of a four-peat, 47 and 54-game-and-counting winning streaks.

I've talked a lot about the winning streaks here. Having said that, four of the top five winning streaks the sport has produced, as well as eight of ten national championships, began with three of the six national semifinals defeats suffered by UConn.

Pretty crazy to think about. Is there something special about losing in the national semis, or is it just a coincidence?

At any rate, if we make and lose in the national semifinals this season, I'd feel as despondent as I did in 2011...

And if. we made and won the national semifinals game this season, I'll be thinking about the 10-0 record in NC games"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom