Copa America 2015 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Copa America 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chile beats Peru 2-1 after a controversial red card (second yellow) early 1st half and a goal which may or may not have been offside. CONMEBOL doing everything in their power to make sure Chile at least got to the finals.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Chile beats Peru 2-1 after a controversial red card (second yellow) early 1st half and a goal which may or may not have been offside. CONMEBOL doing everything in their power to make sure Chile at least got to the finals.
Chile's second goal though was a blast! Pretty impressive range for the kid.

Reaction Score
We can. We have. ;)

Just my opinion; but, I believe that Ospina will be more valuable over the long-run. Just hope that this does not chase him away. Would have rather see the money go to a central defender and another goal scorer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just my opinion; but, I believe that Ospina will be more valuable over the long-run. Just hope that this does not chase him away. Would have rather see the money go to a central defender and another goal scorer.
I'm assuming they let Ospina go. I doubt he wants to be an understudy. Where's as Szczensy is still fairly young and can learn from Cech. But who knows. I doubt they'll keep both. Heck, both might want to leave???

Reaction Score
I'm assuming they let Ospina go. I doubt he wants to be an understudy. Where's as Szczensy is still fairly young and can learn from Cech. But who knows. I doubt they'll keep both. Heck, both might want to leave???

Gut is that both will leave and I firmly believe that Arsenal will regret letting Opsina go. This reminds me of something the Yankees typically do - trade youth and potential for 1 to 2 years superstar work followed by a painful decline.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Gut is that both will leave and I firmly believe that Arsenal will regret letting Opsina go. This reminds me of something the Yankees typically do - trade youth and potential for 1 to 2 years superstar work followed by a painful decline.
Agreed, they both may want out to play regularly in order to keep their place in their NTs. Which would be unfortunate. Still have Martinez though as a back up. We should be able to get a good 3 years out of Cech though which is a big improvement in the GK area. And his ability to marshal the defense will allow us to use Koscielny and Paulista more and give Mertesacker more rest.

Don't know if Wenger will let both go though. Could also just loan out 1 or both. Maybe with the condition he could bring one back if Cech gets hurt. Finally Arsenal have some options. That's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom