Coors Light Deck- What’s The Latest? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coors Light Deck- What’s The Latest?

Reaction Score
Too young for that q. I do, however, know the words to both the Schaefer and Rheingold jingles, having grown up a Mets fan. At that time the Yankees were sponsored by Ballantine and Piels, IIRC. Dad smoked Luckies. For him, LSM2HA.
Think of #42.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So much for worrying about people sitting in their seats.

Reaction Score
Too young for that q. I do, however, know the words to both the Schaefer and Rheingold jingles, having grown up a Mets fan. At that time the Yankees were sponsored by Ballantine and Piels, IIRC. Dad smoked Luckies. For him, LSM2HA.
Ballantine beer. I remember it as a kid. Wish I could have it again.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Those numbers are shocking. Guinness #1? Heineken #2?
That just doesn’t line up with anything I see out in the world on a daily basis. I’d guess it is:

1. Miller Lite
2.,Bud or Bud Light
3. Mich Ultra
4. Corona/Corona Light
5. Coors Light

Odd. A couple weeks ago I saw a Heineken box in my neighbor’s trash as I drove by and thought, “Who drinks Heineken anymore?”

I prefer microbrews but when drinking crap beer, I go Miller Lite. Most everyone I know chooses Miller Lite or Mich Ultra.
'That just doesn’t line up with anything I see out in the world on a daily basis.'

absopositivalutely. that guiness/heineken stuff is complete nonsense. currently, and other than the latest 'seltzer beer of the week' thing (ahh, the good ol days when it was only truly or white claw, which both stink, and so do all the new ones), i see mostly bud light, mich ultra, coors light, pbr, bud, and corona, as nobody seems very interested in the feeling you get after drinking a couple/tree of newcastles in the warm weather. not being any kind of alcohol expert, i will say that i've never had a single sam adams anything that didn't taste gross. that peroni stuff seemed kinda popular a few years back but now, notsomuch on the picnic/barbq circuit.

Reaction Score
We would buy Piels for $6.99/case at UConn, late eighties early nineties. It was crap, but cheap.

Reaction Score
I was same time period. Our go to was anything cheap but we did hit the Black label “bar bottles” quite often as we felt the bottles made it “better”. Very funny now.

Reaction Score
Schaefer bar bottles for us in the early/mid 80s. $1.61 a case. Needed to be ICE cold.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was same time period. Our go to was anything cheap but we did hit the Black label “bar bottles” quite often as we felt the bottles made it “better”. Very funny now.
Red, White and Blues for us, which are generic PBRs.

1623691054155.png

Dirt cheap and borderline drinkable.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We'd have a case of "decent" beer (e.g. Bud, Mich) to start, but once that was gone, it was...

11336.jpg

$4.99/case in late 70s.

(and I'm not buying $1.61 for a case of Schaefer bar bottles. For a six pack, sure, not a case)

Reaction Score
I would sell back my books to buy premium beer for Spring Weekend. Busch!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We would buy Piels for $6.99/case at UConn, late eighties early nineties. It was crap, but cheap.

Piels had that old guy Lager taste that went out of fashion but I kinda miss. There was some old saloon in Chicago that made their own lager that had it, other than that?

Reaction Score
They might have been there for a while
Your post shook the cobwebs of my mind. You are right. The case of Schaefer bar bottles was cheap, but not that cheap. Your pic of Weidemann's reminded me THAT was $1.61 for a six. It was on the floor of the cooler at the package store I bought it in. Literally had dust on top of the cans that had to be wiped off, it had been there so long. Nasty, nasty stuff.

We also occasionally stooped low to buy Carling Black Label, or as we called it, Black Cloud.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Remember drinking these bad boys my first two years of college. It was my good buddies cheap beer of choice. I was more of a Busch light guy myself.

We did case races where we'd put teams of two-three people in a dorm room with a case of beer. First "team" out with a finished 30 wins....no idea how I am still alive sometimes.

f5cdc91a-299e-4e1f-bdb5-b85d31d4a7e8_1.3cbc85ca3645312fa35d27c3052f9de2.jpeg

Reaction Score
Those numbers are shocking. Guinness #1? Heineken #2?
That just doesn’t line up with anything I see out in the world on a daily basis. I’d guess it is:

1. Miller Lite
2.,Bud or Bud Light
3. Mich Ultra
4. Corona/Corona Light
5. Coors Light

Odd. A couple weeks ago I saw a Heineken box in my neighbor’s trash as I drove by and thought, “Who drinks Heineken anymore?”

I prefer microbrews but when drinking crap beer, I go Miller Lite. Most everyone I know chooses Miller Lite or Mich Ultra.
Not Frank Booth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom