Cooperstown | The Boneyard

Cooperstown

Reaction Score
Going to Cooperstown this weekend for a wedding.

Obviously the HOF is the big attraction but does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do, where to eat etc?

Reaction Score
Going to Cooperstown this weekend for a wedding.

Obviously the HOF is the big attraction but does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do, where to eat etc?

The Farmer's Museum is well known, with the Cardiff Giant (probably the biggest hoax of the 19th Century, which makes for a great story) being literally the biggest attraction there.

Cardiff Giant - Wikipedia

Also, the James Fenimore Cooper Art Museum is supposed to be quite good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
South of town, looks like not too far...Brewery Ommegang.

Reaction Score
I took my kids there for a boys' weekend trip a year ago and enjoyed it. Cute town with plenty of shops and places to eat downtown. The Baseball HOF was great, just be careful when the new class gets in (the next two years will feature Sandman and Jeter, so it will be a zoo). I also vote for Howes's Caverns (about 30 minuets away) and the Ommegang brewery (about 15 minuets away). There are several other adult beverage makes in the area and, of course, a lot of lake activities in the summer. I'll be going back in the spring for my son's 12U baseball tournament (there is a huge baseball complex about halfway between Cooperstown and Oneonta).

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone!

My wife and I had a great time this past weekend.

With all the events surrounding the wedding, we really only ended up with time for the baseball HOF and it was really fantastic.

I would highly recommend the Doubleday Cafe as a lunch spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom